Refco - $4/RT. Anyone use em?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by EMini-Player, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Yosemite

Yosemite

:confused: :p
    100.000 contracts a day?

#101     Mar 30, 2004
  2. its enough.

In every single channel you make claims that you cannot defend or substantiate. In the future, would you mind adding a bit more depth and sophistication to your posts?

A) How do you prove your traders trade 100,000 contracts and anyway,so what? X-Trader's platform handels a multiple of that each day.
    B) Why is your platform better than X-Trader (A claim you made in this thread)? You did not provide any proof at all. X-Trader has been extremely stable and is utilized by uncountable BIG GUYS in the industry. Your platform is used by a handful of traders. So, could you maybe treat at least some of us in here like some thinking people rather than dumb-asses?

If you think your platform is superior to others' then state WHY!!! So far you have not given any detailed information how your platform stands up against the one used by refco pro, x-trader, j-trader, ffast trader, and the like.

AND: Please provide screen shots of your application. I do not understand why I have to contact you and give you my phone number and email address just to have a quick look/overview of your trading platform. Even Freeware Authors provide some info publicly on their web site. So what is the problem???

#102     Mar 31, 2004
  3. Can this claim be verified ?

What is the name of the prop group ?

#103     Mar 31, 2004
  4. Transact Futures

Transact Futures Transact Futures

It is an in house Prop group with basically the name York Business Associates. I don't know how to show how much they trade but the amount is 60-100,000 depending on the trading day.

#104     Apr 1, 2004
  5. Oldtimer

Oldtimer

I've just read through this string and I'm trying to understand the commission structure. Where does the "$400 commission" for the platform fit in with the regular commission rate? I'm assuming this is some sort of platform fee. Also, how is it that you can offer rates like this?

What's the account minimum?

What's the support like?

If all that's been posted is true, WHAT'S THE CATCH???

OT

#105     Apr 2, 2004
  6. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

Refco may have a good platform, but their marketing SUCKS

This info everyone s asking should be on their web site - IT ISNT!

When I spoke to Refco about Refco Pro, their reply was as follows:

Either $125 pcm + 0.25 plafrorm fee (+ commission negociated etc) OR 500 pcm flat fee + negociated commission.

You guys seem to have different figures.

Seems to me pricing depends on what day of the week you call, how they are feeling that day etc.

Ive decided not to bother with Refco because of this, and also their shitty website. Links dont work, demos are 5 years old, lack of general info etc.

Ive got better things to do than spend all my time talking to different people about the same thing only to get different answers.

Im going to try Man futures I think.

#106     Apr 2, 2004
  7. FRED... i avoid all these brokers with unposted prices... they are pure slime ex-used car salesmen who will try to cheat you every which way they can.....!!!!!!!!!

#107     Apr 2, 2004
  8. Transact Futures

Transact Futures Transact Futures

Larry and Fred welcome to TransAct futures. Our prices are very simple $.55 a lot plus exchange fees. We offer 4 electronic excghanges to trade on. No floor trades. 24/6 desk. If you trade more then 364 RT's a month the platform is free. I can explain to you exactly how everything works if you give me a call. I can also send you a demo if you would like.

#108     Apr 2, 2004
  9. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

How do you cater for spread trades then?

#109     Apr 2, 2004
  10. RICH... the demo is solid... one big thing missing . A front end API LIKE autotrader, bracket-trader etc.BUT ONCE AGAIN... the data feed is excellent for the day i ran it.

#110     Apr 2, 2004