Ref allegedly fixed NBA games

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Ref allegedly fixed NBA games
    Posted: Friday July 20, 2007 08:15AM ET

The FBI is investigating an NBA referee who allegedly was betting on basketball games - including ones he was officiating during the past two seasons - as part of an organized-crime probe in the Big Apple, The Post has learned. One source close to the probe counted the number of games on which the ref and his wiseguy buddies scored windfalls in the "double digits." NBA Commissioner David Stern is aware of the investigation and has a report about the referee on his desk, another source said. The official, whose name was withheld, allegedly wagered on games during the 2005-06 and 2006-07 NBA seasons.

http://fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/15034

2. LOL....just another black eye for the worst professional sports league in the world.

3. fhl

fhl

Another nba blog says..

"the ref allegedly made explicit calls in at least 10 games he worked over the past two years to affect the margin relative to the spread"

Mark Cuban's worst nightmare.

4. Bennett Salvatore is my call, with Joey Crawford a close second.

We'll see.

5. Most are so incompetent or busy protecting "superstars" that it would be hard to tell if they were bent or not.

6. newbunch

newbunch

So this explains the lousy officiated in favor of the Spurs.....

7. jem

jem

And you know what - I am sure we are gong to see this ref's friends come out and and say he is a great guy.

My only question is will zzz say something really liberal or will he say something negative about white guys oppressing the NBA players if this guy turns out to be white.

8. You really do have mental problems...

9. jem

jem

It may have been an unnecessary dig. Sorry.

#10     Jul 20, 2007