Reduced margins on pair trades???

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by TraDaToR, May 9, 2007.

1. I was wondering the same thing. Right now I've been doing spreads via the phone at one of the local Chicago houses, but was itching to move my spread trades onto something like IB. So, for example, I wanted to do old crop new crop corn spread or calendar spreads on Eurodollars or emini S&Ps on Globex, the credit will be shown on the IB platform? My spread trades tend to be in liquid markets, so is it possible to initiate both legs almost immediately (like say SP500 vs Nasdaq 100)?

#11     Jan 29, 2008
  2. ids

ids

It is possible. I even do not understand what your problem is.

#12     Jan 29, 2008
  3. For people new to TWS it would appear that IB doesn't support the execution of inter-market spreads.. Spreadtrader offers only intramarket, does he have to use the combotrader app for the spreads he wants? I think he just wants clarification on this point...

#13     Jan 30, 2008
  4. ids

ids

Question, "is it possible to initiate both legs almost immediately?" There is no need to use any special tool to do it. One can issue two orders practically at the same time. They will be executed pretty much instantaneously for liquid products.

#14     Jan 30, 2008
  5. cmaxb

cmaxb

Very interested in spread trades, but lack some of the math. If I buy one NQ, and sell one ER2, what is the per "tick", p/L.

#15     Jan 30, 2008