RediPlus

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by nmaslu1, Mar 13, 2002.

1. I don't know if this was a cleverly disguised advertising ploy, but this Trader Profile thing actually looks good on the surface.

(No, I don't have anything whatsoever to do with these people...it just looks interesting, and I may check it out).

#11     Mar 15, 2002
  2. tdefarlo

tdefarlo

If your firm clears through SLK, you may have access to TraderProfile. This software automatically captures your trades (via nightly upload from SLK) and performs multidimensional online analytical processing to slice and dice your trading results from different perspectives - ie early morning trading versus afternoon, results of averaging up and down etc.

It also overlays your entry and exit points for each trade on daily and intraday charts, so you can critique your work.

#12     Mar 15, 2002
  3. nmaslu1

nmaslu1

where can i get a spreadsheet designed to track and analyse portfolio, which also would look at time of trades

#13     Mar 17, 2002
  4. nmaslu1

nmaslu1

as far as i know trader profile is not available through my clearing ,
    also it dosen't track the time of trade only the date,
    which is important as a daytrader.

#14     Mar 17, 2002
  5. tdefarlo

tdefarlo

All trade records are time stamped, so all of the analyses involve time. There is an analysis of performance based on time of entry, one based on the duration of the trade (in minutes), one based on how the stock (sector and market too) was moving in the 10 minute period before you entered the trade etc, etc.

If you use REDI for order entry there is a good chance your firm clears thru SLK, in which case they may be able to offer you the software.

#15     Mar 17, 2002
  6. nmaslu1

nmaslu1

my firm has its own clearing they trade throu slk but clear themself

#16     Mar 17, 2002