RediPlus

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by nmaslu1, Mar 13, 2002.

1. nmaslu1

nmaslu1

hi,
    i am using rediplus and am trying to analyse my trades.
    do u know a program that would do it with redi -plus?
    or a spread sheet to track & analyse intraday then using a dde link:)

2. You can use Excel wth REDI through a DDE link
    Once you have it in an Excel spreadsheet, you can pretty much use that or useAccess / VB / VBA for more robust customized reporting.

3. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Redi DDE link does a pretty good job. If you want to get fancier, you can use the Redi ActiveX control. I think you might be able to get a little bit more info from it.

4. nmaslu1

nmaslu1

Thanks for your reply,
    However where can i get a program or spreadsheet with all the analysis of my trades?
    also what is redi active matrix

5. cashonly

Redi ActiveX is a control that programmers use to interact with RediPlus from Excel and other programs. Ask your IT person at your firm for more details.

To get your trades into a spreadsheet, go to your executions tab in your message window, press CTRL-A, then press CTRL-C, then go to your spreadsheet, press CTRL-V and they are pasted in.

6. Hi,

I asked in another post if any data providers or software packages had DDE links of technical indicators (RSI,MACD, etc.)to excel. Does REDIPlus have them?

Also, can REDIPlus be configured to send a basket of orders directly from an excel spreadsheet via ActiveX?

7. cashonly

No

Yes

8. I am not disagreeing with Cash above, but we do have many of the technicals available directly on the Redi chart package: MACD, Stochastics, Bollinger, etc.

As far as "analysing trades" many of our people simply cut and paste their "execution" window into a spread sheet for analysis. If you're talking about an "analysis package" that has pre-programmed analytical software, then I don't know.

9. Just a note. If you are going to do baskets on REDI+ you could use EXCEL, however that would be quite slow, compared to your competition in the marketplace. If speed is essential and you can afford priogramming in C++ or VB, REDIFIX is the way to go- see www.redi.com/apifix.html . You will get executions in milliseconds on ECN match's. If you need this type of service , we could write you a program.If you would like FAST built in Basket Trading, we offer ROX Software TM . ROX is used by many MM and hedge funds for their basket trading, see : www.stocktrade.net/about_us/basket_trade.htm
    The Basket Trading feature on ROX has a seperate P&L for each
    Basket ,override capibility,short exempt feature etc and there is no programming , just define your Basket and send-it's that easy!
    Hope this helps.

Gene Weissman
    Lieber & Weissman Sec., L.L.C.
    gweissman@stocktrade.net

10. #10     Mar 15, 2002