RediPlus

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Tab414, May 23, 2001.

1. I haven't heard too many good things about Tim Zhu's software (Virtual Trader).

Some traders seem to like it, though overall my impressions were that most who came from a "higher-end" platform said something like, "it is a piece of ..."

#11     May 30, 2001
  2. cag

cag

I've been trading for eight years
    and have used both Redi and Virtual
    and I can personally tell you that
    although Redi might have some glitches
    Virtual is probably the worst execution
    platform imaginable. I've never lost more
    money on software than I have on virtual...
    I wouldn't even consider it...

just my two cents...

#12     May 30, 2001
  3. I think all of the order entry + charts and data combo platforms suck out loud.

MBTrading probably has the right idea with Navigator. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

#13     May 30, 2001
  4. mjt

mjt

Hey guys, as moderator of this forum I have to suggest that if we get off topic and start discussing Front End/Virtual Trader, or other platforms, that we start a new thread. This is a thread to discuss Redi Plus. I will delete these posts if we continue to veer off subject. Thanks.

#14     May 30, 2001
  5. newpac

newpac

Mjt,

You mentioned that you are not paying software fees. Could you tell us which broker you are using ?

Thanks.

#15     May 30, 2001
  6. mjt

mjt

Onsite Trading. As long as you keep your balance over $15K, there are no software fees. $25K minimum to open an account.

#16     May 30, 2001
  7. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

Interesting mjt. The local Onsite office where I live charges $250/month for RediPlus, waived only after 100 trades. I guess they can make the rules from place to place since its run like a franchise.

#17     May 30, 2001
  8. mjt

mjt

I trade at home and have an account through the Great Neck, NY office. I think they all have different rules.

#18     May 30, 2001
  9. mamt8r

mamt8r

I've been using REDI+ for a couple of months now, I've been pretty impressed with the overall experience. I especially love the quick update bar on the level II. That really can make a difference with changing an order, unfortunately its a feature that really can not be appreciated in the demo mode because its not enabled. But take my word for it's pretty quick. As for the charting, yes, it is lacking, but what the system makes up for in speed and stability I can manage. However, it does link to my realtick charts.
    It has had its minor problems but like any system, who hasn't. I came from realtick, and that seemed to go down far more often.

Overall, I've been pretty impressed with the system.
    Another great feature on the redi+ is the access to the e-redi product, which is really great, if you are on a laptop away from home.

Hope it helps.

#19     Jun 22, 2001
  10. mjt

mjt

mamt8r

Just curious what computer setup/connection you have. It's been my experience that Redi Plus is affected by these things more than other software programs are.

#20     Jun 22, 2001