REDIPlus for Futures

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by CPTrader, Jan 10, 2012.

1. since it's settled you're basically not clearing thru gs unless you have a lot of money, look into bloomberg tradebook if you want multi asset trading capability.

agree w/ previous poster who wonders why more people can't just pick up phone or call esp when it would take less time than to post in most cases.

#11     Jan 11, 2012
  2. 1. My initial post had two goals:

(i) seek an introduction from someone trading futures via REDI at GSET. As opposed to calling a general number it generally helps to speak to a known person at a direct number. Additionally, brokers/sales reps generally like referrals. I have referred many colleagues to brokers and other service providers. I don't give the people I refer a general firm number (which they do not need me to get in any event as such is in the public domain)- I make an introduction direct to my broker - this ensures my broker gets the business at the firm and it gives my colleague the assurance that he would be in good hands. This is win-win for all sides. My broker /service provider gets new business, my colleague gets an intro to a capable service provider and my broker/service provider extends appreciation to me for making an introduction. This is standard practice and over the years I have been on both sides of the referral process - making referrals and receiving referrals.

(ii) I wanted a sense of the quality of services of GSET and the REDI platform

2. Despite the above, I am not afraid to call. If you look at the GSET website they have NO direct telephone number listed for Futures only equities. So what number do I call, the main number and get the telephone lottery? The email address listed for Futures also is invalid - email sent to that address bounces back.

3. I thought the purpose of ET was for traders to help other traders. I thought that I could get someone in the ET community to make an introduction, especially in the absence of a direct number to the GSET Futures department. I now know that expecting normal behavior from ET is highly mistaken.

3. I frankly cannot understand the ET approach of constantly trying to demean and besmirch every poster. Everyone assumes that everyone else is a charlatan...when it's the charlatans themselves who are the biggest noisemakers. The constant theme in all the negative postings above - is "You don't have enough funds to clear at GSET so why pretend you can". This notion is so flawed and mistaken in so many ways - and most importantly whether or not I as the original poser am qualified to clear at GSET is not the point of the posting - the point was two fold- share your experiences with GSET/REDI for Futures trading and please provide an introduction. If you can't assist with any of those two key issues, why not just ignore the thread?

#12     Jan 11, 2012
  3. "Normal behavior," anywhere but ET, would be to show you've <i>made some kind of effort</i> yourself -- a post like, "I called GS, spoke to Mr XYZ, and here's what he told me. Does anyone have any other suggestions or leads at GS?"

#13     Jan 11, 2012
  4. Lornz

Lornz

Have a look at RTS...

#14     Jan 11, 2012
  5. Thanks Lornz

#15     Jan 11, 2012
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

If anyone wants an alternative to Redi, take a look at WEX. It's now a broker neutral platform that offers stocks, options, futures and even international exposure.

#16     Jan 11, 2012