Redi Plus

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by hans130, Jun 14, 2002.

1. If Redi is so great, why would ETG be willing to leave it for Instinet? Seems to me that REDI+s initial advantages have been caught up to and overtaken. They do not have a system that is truly all in. REDI charts are inferior and cannot be used by 90% of traders.

#21     Jun 25, 2002
  2. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

what order entry platform does instinet offer for NYSE...i know they have gr8trade for nasdaq, are they expecting NYSE users to also use gr8???

#22     Jun 25, 2002
  3. Just a note. When trading firms change clearing arrangements, the change has very little to do with the direct access software. You usually can use whatever EDAT software you want if you clear through SLK, Penson etc. We use or have used Instinet, ROX, REDI+ & Real Tick . REDI+ works well for us, but if REDI+ is not right for you, use another platform. When we were connected to the NITE internal crossing network on ROX software, I would say we had the best EDAT execution software available at the time (1998), as far as liquidity and speed of execution. The NASDAQ markets are evolving very rapidly(REDI & ARCA merger, Supersoes etc). EDAT software will hopefully keep up with the changes and improve capacity. I try to be fair in my posts and I know that not all EDAT software fits all traders. At LWS, we offer
    Instinet, ROX & REDI+ to our in house traders and REDI+ & ROX for remote traders. I can't comment on any clearing firms. Most
    of the ones you know are quite competent. I have used SAGE, LIT,Spear,Leeds & Kellogg(SLK) & FOC (First Options) throughout
    my career. I believe SLK is one of the best for hedge funds. FOC
    & SAGE for Option market makers. Penson is good for customers.
    For the sophisticated type of clearing services we provide(options vs stock), bullets etc. -I like SLK & FOC. Instinet is trying to increase their clearing business to make up for lost market share
    on their ECN INCA and declining reviews from agency brokerage.
    I wish Instinet the best of luck.

Gene Weissman
    Lieber & Weissman Sec., LLC
    gweissman@stocktrade.net

Bryan Roberts-An Instinet terminal is great for NASDAQ & ETF's, but not really that liquid for NYSE from what I can see. Try NYSE ,NYSE direct,ISLD (route) for NYSE stocks. Since Instinet acquired ProTrader, I assume you can trade NYSE on their platform-Gene

Newatthis-read all my posts. I agree with you that REDI+ charts are not up to speed, we use AT financial & Bridgestation for
    charts & alerts-Gene

#23     Jun 25, 2002