Redi-Plus

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Maverick74, Dec 7, 2011.

1. I'm not saying "no one" can use 3rd party programs, depends on the agreement between BD and GS.

Don

#51     Dec 16, 2011
  2. tmaia

tmaia

pretty they make everyone go through their pipes. makes you wonder.

#52     Dec 16, 2011
  3. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

I spoke with Redi last week. The Redi department is being spun off into a stand alone entity. They are now, even before the spin off, a broker neutral platform. So, a Broker Dealer can pay for the Redi platform, but not the DMA. Or, you can pay for the DMA but not the platform. Of course, you can also subscribe to both. You do not have to clear GS or GSEC anymore.

You can't do this directly if your "customer." You have to go through a broker dealer willing to have all the agreements with in place and is willing to offer it to you.

Bob

#53     Dec 16, 2011
  4. tmaia

tmaia

if you look at the gset website under 3 rd party software -- look at itg for examle, they make itg "stage" to redi . why ?

#54     Dec 16, 2011
  5. Right, as I mentioned earlier.... just be clear that GS still owns 100% of Redi, good for support IMO.

Maybe more guys will now write software for Redi... we've had to our own all these years... might be nice.

Don

#55     Dec 16, 2011
  6. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

I can't find that. Would you like to include a link to that page?

#56     Dec 16, 2011
  7. hitnrun

hitnrun

redi platform has been available to use through other brokers for retail for some time

#57     Dec 16, 2011
  8. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

Btw: to my knowledge, this is not a "retail" platform, but a professional platform. The difference is that it is unlikely that it calculates and monitors buying power available for a cash, reg-t margin or portfolio margin account. Retail platforms have to.

#58     Dec 16, 2011
  9. hitnrun

hitnrun

the redi platform which is pro that was offered for a retail account

#59     Dec 17, 2011
  10. When I called, they said for DVP only.

Who knows, they are expanding....

Don

#60     Dec 17, 2011