REDI Plus problems

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by tradestox, Jun 12, 2002.

1. same excuses 3 years later. they don't even invest in making up new lies...

Uh, gee Mr. Customer, it certainly can't be us at fault. So, it must be all you(s) guys at fault....

#21     Sep 26, 2002
  2. Bryan,

Is that Sterling FOREX ? Just curious.

JOP,

Adressing REDI+ position monitor problems-the problems are most likely a position server at SLK(REDI+). Have your rep. call the REDI desk. JOP-for tradestaions , I would recommend these specs. as a minimum requirement for REDI+ order execution software- 500 MHZ CPU + (Intel or AMD processor) , Windows 2000 pro or Windows NT 4.0 or greater with service pack 6 & 512 Megs Ram .

This configuration will cost under $1,000(not $12,000) and should work well for most traders. If you have the right hardware & setup, REDI+ will work very well most of the time.

Gene Weissman
    Lieber & Weissman Sec., LLC
    gweissman@stocktrade.net

#22     Sep 26, 2002
  3. JQP

JQP

same excuses 3 years later. they don't even invest in making up new lies... Uh, gee Mr. Customer, it certainly can't be us at fault. So, it must be all you(s) guys at fault....

Adressing REDI+ position monitor problems-the problems are most likely a position server at SLK(REDI+). Have your rep. call the REDI desk. JOP-for tradestaions , I would recommend these specs. as a minimum requirement for REDI+ order execution software- 500 MHZ CPU + (Intel or AMD processor) , Windows 2000 pro or Windows NT 4.0 or greater with service pack 6 & 512 Megs Ram .

ONE MORE TIME FOR THOSE WITH IMPAIRED COMREHENSION!

Spear will READILY admit that the problem has been on their end with their severs - not on the my workstation. My frustration stems from the fact that they do little or nothing to address a recurring problem other than to pay lip service and let the problem clear itself.

#23     Sep 26, 2002
  4. JQP,

I have not had any positiion monitor problems as of late and all direct access software will have problems once in a while . Shoot me an e-mail and I will see if I can help you resolve problems or send you in the right direction. I have a lot more postions(at my firm) than you do and everything is working ok.

Gene Weissman
    Lieber & Weissman Sec., LLC
    gweissman@stocktrade.net

#24     Sep 26, 2002