REDI Plus problems

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by tradestox, Jun 12, 2002.

1. My redi plus was down for the whole last half hour of trading. Missed most of the rally. Did anyone else have redi problems??

I am a redi supporter but what good is a system if it is down at the most important times of the day?

May be time for a change.

2. chs245

chs245

mine worked, even though i got a message that said there were problems....

3. Mine went down too. Stayed down. Now I know why ETG is leaving SLK....

4. chs245

chs245

but even if redi is down, you can still trade through other "channels" such as INCA, ISLD and ARCA.

5. hans130

hans130

Where are they going to? what software are they going to use?

6. Im not talking about the redi ecn i am talking about redi plus. Totally frozen. Could not send orders to anyone.

7. ETG is going to INstinet Clearing.

8. chs245

chs245

I see. That's v. annoying. Have you considered running e-redi on a backup machine ?

9. Is Redi still this unreliable?

Are you guys still having problems

Stock_Lover

10. Just a note. Most of the time REDI+ freezing up is a local problem due to information "overload" (too many windows open with not enough RAM etc). I would suggest this configuration as a minimum for REDI+ IBM AT Compatible PC 500 MHZ CPU with 256 Megs of Ram -operating system-Windows 2000 Pro (preffered) or Windows NT 4.0 or greater with service pack 6. If you use another
    charting package with REDI+ have 512 Meg RAM on your computer. 512 Meg RAM is $150 or less!( a small investment for less headaches). Make sure your computer is maintained(disk defragmentation etc.) by qualified personal. REDI+ can use alot of computer resources, which is alot different than other programs such as IB's order entry software. REDI+ can do alot more than other order entry software, but needs alot more computer resources. Many times at Lieber & Weissman , we build and ship out tradestaions(configured & tested), so we can help traders avoid problems. If you have the REDI+ Option Montage Open and are looking at OEX ore SPX, DO NOT OPEN ALL STRIKES(SHOW ALL), your computer will freeze(CPU usage 100%!), have six max strikes open at one time. REDI+ can be very CPU intensive .

Gene Weissman
    Lieber & Weissman Sec., LLC
    gweissman@stocktrade.net

#10     Sep 6, 2002