Reddit is ready for IPO, its CEO was paid 193 M last year

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Pekelo, Feb 23, 2024.

1. hilmy83

hilmy83

I visit reddit everyday. Best forum that covers EVERYTHING.

Mostly I go to /startup, /wsb, /personalfinance, /investing, /diy

If Baron spend more time uplifiting this forum, instead of looking like the 90's old forum for old geezers, maybe it'll get more attention :D

#11     Feb 23, 2024
  2. d08

d08

Active users that are not paying can be a net drain, the infrastructure cost. It's not a lot for a basic bulletin board like Reddit but still. Most of these people would leave if you started forcing ads on them. Youtube did this and has blowback. Youtube is harder to replace as the video backend requires a lot of investment. Reddit meanwhile is fairly easily replaceable nowadays, it's mostly text and images.

#12     Feb 23, 2024
  3. d08

d08

I get banned for random things, I just use throwaway accounts but don't regularly visit. I notice a lot use throwaways as well, not good for the platform. It's really a random place online, nothing to lose if you do get banned. I mean Yahoo boards used to be hot stuff, so why not some bulletin board like Reddit.

#13     Feb 23, 2024
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

I agree. I spend 10 times more time there than here. Subs for everything. Best live coverage of any breaking news from eyewitnesses. I remember the Boston bombings, people were posting from the same streets where the police were chasing one of the bombers. Finance, trading? They made a movie about it!!!

That doesn't mean they are going to make money, ever. It is fairly easy to replace.

#14     Feb 23, 2024
    hilmy83 likes this.
  5. tomkat22

tomkat22

Only time I go to reddit is when Google takes me there.LOL

#15     Feb 23, 2024
    NoahA likes this.
  6. mervyn

mervyn

glorified version of angi and craigslist.

#16     Feb 23, 2024
  7. schizo

schizo

I'll leave to those WallStreetBets noobs to do all the heavy lifting.

#17     Feb 23, 2024

8. Those salaries are ridiculous...this is why I would never invest in stocks...or buy an IPO just to give them another payday. IPOs are basically a way to short retail.

#18     Feb 23, 2024
  9. Baron

Baron ET Founder

What do you mean by "uplifting this forum"?

#19     Feb 23, 2024
  10. Reddit is great for the obscure!!

I went to Google and typed in "Tesla Model S windshield wipers"...

First up was an ad from Amazon. Next an ad from Tesla.

Then came Reddit...It has it's place for that minor niche.

#20     Feb 23, 2024