Red States Out Perform Blue States On Economy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, May 23, 2013.

1. FWIW... when you see a table of "Total Tax" collected by states, nearly all come in around the same 9%-ish... through a combination of Income, Property, Sales taxes. (In states with no income tax, they usually have much higher property taxes to make up for it.)

It can be to one's advantage to live in one place or another depending upon how much income they have or property they own.

#31     May 24, 2013
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Somewhat. For instance, in New Jersey (where I am originally from) the property taxes are some of the highest in the nation. Additionally, sales tax is 7% and income tax (for my bracket) was just over 6%.

Here is Florida, I pay considerably less property tax for the same size house, no income tax and sales tax is the same as NJ. Overall, I keep considerably more income for myself.

It probably has something to do with the lack of unions in Florida, though I've never really researched all of it.

#32     May 24, 2013
  3. If taxes were a major reason, the column labeled "OTHER" would have a majority of the points.

You just don't want to believe the data. In the real world, people don't move because of taxes.

#33     May 24, 2013
  4. I think a more correct statement would be most people don't move because of taxes.

#34     May 24, 2013
  5. pspr

pspr

Ah, restate it from the negative side. Maybe a better and fairer way to say it would be:

"Some people do move because of taxes."

Oh, wait. That's what the thinking people in this thread have already been saying.

#35     May 24, 2013
  6. The funny thing about the poverty charts shown on this thread is that no one bothered to look at the dates. My graph was pre Great Recession and the other graph was post Great Recession. It takes roughly 7-10 years for an economy to recovery from a systemic banking crisis to return to the norm, which means poverty should revert back to my graph.

History shows that poverty is predominately a republican southern state phenomenon:

[​IMG]

#36     May 24, 2013
  7. pspr

pspr

Historically it was the poor DEMOCRAT south. LOL

#37     May 24, 2013
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

[​IMG]

#38     May 24, 2013
  9. go look up the meaning of paradox.

#39     May 24, 2013
  10. LEAPup

LEAPup

Great post!!! And again, liberalism really is a mental illness. Sadly, it's one that's bringing America to her knees.:(

#40     May 24, 2013