RED ALERT- Negative Bank Reserves

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Digs, Jan 30, 2008.

1. lol. you guys are wasting your time.

Seriously, there's better things to do than worry about this.

Get outside once in a while. Get a life.

Where's day777? That idiot's been slipping lately.

#41     Feb 18, 2008
  2. #42     Feb 18, 2008
  3. Oh my gosh, that is hysterical. It's so true.

#43     Feb 18, 2008
  4. DeepFried wrote"The government could sell a license to corporations to execute people in the street for the sake of medical research and people here would just take it like the dumb turds that they are. "

In actual fact, "THE" corporation, the US, is doing just that with our troops for the sake of political research. Some say it's oil, I dunno, I guess it could be.
    But what's the diff?
    We're still getting our troops killed no matter how you slice it.
    If we'd really wanted to stop terrs for a few hundred years, the morning of Sept. 12th, 2001, we'd have nuked about 30 million off the planet ( they kill 3000 of us, we take out 30 million of them!) annexed Saudi Arabia, and told the world we have about 58,000 nuc-ya-ler weapons left, so STFU.

#44     Feb 18, 2008
  5. I'm not an economist, but I'm also starting to get really nervous about commercial bank solvency. I am looking for a safe place to simply hide the majority of my cash. BofA, Wamu, Wells Fargo, etc. etc. just make me nervous.

I keep some in brokerage accounts, but I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions about where to store money in a place that's run-proof.

RT

#45     Feb 19, 2008
  6. http://www.treasurydirect.gov/

#46     Feb 19, 2008
  7. maxpi

maxpi

Illegal drugs, the damand is invariant short term, the supply can change short term but it mean reverts.....

#47     Feb 19, 2008
  8. That's very helpful, thank you.

RT

#48     Feb 19, 2008
  9. ammo

ammo

#49     Feb 19, 2008
  10. Maxpi - unless you have over $200K in a joint account your money is "run proof" in any FDIC insured bank. The Fed will just print up some more monopoly money and loan it to the govt. to reimburse your loss when if banks go insolvent. Now if you are talking about really protecting your wealth in a collapse - or just profiting in the current environment - you might consider precious metals.

#50     Feb 21, 2008