Recovering From Religion

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Free Thinker, May 30, 2012.

1. so we attack a country that had nothing to do with 911 and spend 10 years and 3 trillion dollars chasing shadows while losing more men than 911 cost us because our president thinks god told him to.

#21     May 30, 2012
  2. Ricter

Ricter

It's illegal to buy chicken... feathers in Alabama??

; )

#22     May 30, 2012
  3. The huge vagina comment. I don't see a need for name calling (not yet anyway).

The problem is I like Romney but I hate that fact that republicans associate with religion to appease some voter base. Religion is outdated and serves no purpose these days. I have this belief (and maybe its a bullshit belief): its that Romney isn't going to get at all "mormon" or "in touch with God" in the white house. I just want a guy who leaves the social issues (no stupid "morality judgement" laws governing drug use, sex, abortion, gay marriage etc) alone and focuses on this running this country like a business.

#23     May 30, 2012
  4. Fact: It is still debated whether al-qaeda was in Iraq before the war. Fact: We fought Al-Qaeda is in Iraq. fact: al-qaeda was responsible for 9/11. If we went to get Osama and that caused a war with Pakistan would you still support obama's decision?

And when did W EVER say god told him to start a war in Iraq?

#24     May 30, 2012
  5. those are only facts for fox news watchers.

President George W Bush told Palestinian ministers that God had told him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq - and create a Palestinian State, a new BBC series reveals.

In Elusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs, a major three-part series on BBC TWO (at 9.00pm on Monday 10, Monday 17 and Monday 24 October), Abu Mazen, Palestinian Prime Minister, and Nabil Shaath, his Foreign Minister, describe their first meeting with President Bush in June 2003.

Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq ." And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2005/10_october/06/bush.shtml

#25     May 30, 2012
  6. the vagina comment was just meant for anyone in general, not specifically YOU - Mike805. I agree with this post as well. Romney ran a business and was very successful, I doubt he let religion get in the way. I don't mind religion as much as you, and while you have a point about the somewhat grim history of religious violence/moral judgement.. it is an exaggeration to imply it is or could ever be like that in the US. Ideally, I would want a President that is driven by individual freedom, and makes that possible by cutting away much of the federal govt's intrusion into our lives.

#26     May 30, 2012
  7. That is your evidence.. lol

What in my post was NOT a fact?

#27     May 30, 2012