Recovering from a bad trade

Discussion in 'Trading' started by birddog, Sep 13, 2002.

1. You mean the world DOESN'T revolve around me??? :D

Where did you get the idea I've never made mistakes? i never said that. I did learn from them, though; very quickly too. For the record, i count TWO times, both early on in my career, that I blew stops, set at .20c, by HEAPS: once for 80c and the other for $1.10. (plus i've done the "wrong trade" - buy instead of sell, and vice versa - a few too many times too).

#31     Sep 14, 2002
  2. LOL, i like that one, "this is what loser in LIFE is all about".. i'll have to remember it!

Still, i think you're going way overboard...
    i've got nothing against birddog...i hope he recovers from his loss, realises what a huge fuck up it is to blow a stop and gets on with his life.

It wasn't HIS loss that was the object of my enjoyment. I simply meant i enjoy reading stories where traders have met their demise by holding onto losers for too long. For example, in the 1st Market Wizards book, in the Larry Hite interview (i think) there is some coffee trader who drops a $100Mil. Stories like that really make me wonder what is going on inside people's heads. I'm sorry if you're offended at my fascination with this!

#32     Sep 14, 2002
  3. What is all this negative talk about bad trades?

The boys I train never make a bad trade.

#33     Sep 14, 2002
  4. he's baaaaa-ack.

#34     Sep 14, 2002