recos on news wires

Discussion in 'Trading' started by marketsurfer, Apr 12, 2002.

1. i am seeking to locate a newswire service that includes real time technical events. is there such a thing ?? any suggestions ???

surf:cool:

2. Take a look at briefing.com

They do offer intraday technical call/comments, like support resistance on indices, technical situations on stocks, each day, before the open, gap up/down stocks, 52 week lows and highs intraday and so on...
    But don' t expect them to give you trade recommandations : they' re just attracting your attention each time a stock/index/sector do something special technically.

3. thankyou my belgium friends !

4. It cost a couple hundred bucks.....but I used to use wallstreetsource, at http://www.wssource.com/

They used to be pretty good at letting users try it for a week or two. Besides the DJ newswire that runs at the top, the service scrolls all day telling you when stocks break moving averages, who just sold what block of stock on that big print for (XXX), things like that.

Basically it was briefing.com on steriods. Briefing was and still is IMO worth the 10 bucks a month or whatever it costs, but when stuff hits briefing these days, usually it's been traded on for atleast a few minutes already.

Avalanche...

5. flyonthewall is the best

6. <i>flyonthewall is the best</i>

It depends on what you want out of the news. Run fly side-by-side with a real news service, like dow jones, and fly becomes a joke. Last I checked, briefing.com was also a delayed service. That does not mean it has no value, but it is not the same as a professional news wire like dj, bloomberg, or reuters.

7. "It depends on what you want out of the news. Run fly side-by-side with a real news service, like dow jones, and fly becomes a joke. Last I checked, briefing.com was also a delayed service. That does not mean it has no value, but it is not the same as a professional news wire like dj, bloomberg, or reuters"

i agree a true news service is faster but who has time to filter out the bs.fly and briefing both get their news right off the news wire so will always lag them.

8. jaiko

jaiko

for me http://www.mytrack.com/ has the very best newsservice-----but it is not so cheap you have to pay for the better news sources .

9. <i>who has time to filter out the bs</i>

You're right. Reading a news wire can be a full-time job. Some pro rooms have an intern or employee read the news stories out loud.

10. thanks everyone for the replies.

#10     Apr 19, 2002