Recording the Market

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by newguy1, Jul 21, 2005.

1. newguy1

newguy1

What would be the negative/consequence of not having enough ram/ slow processor, or bad video card? Would your trades execute slower, or would the programs be sluggish?

#11     Jul 21, 2005
  2. Hi newguy1,

I had sent you a pm yesterday about a different question.

In that pm I told you some basic stuff that I have on my laptops.

Regardless...I'm no computer geek nor can I recommend any specific component on the market.

Therefore, all I can say is stuff like if your going to use Camtasia...

Have a minimum of 1 gigabyte of memory to prevent sluggishness in your other programs and in Camtasia.

Especially when doing live-recordings on multiple monitor setup.

Yet, I cannot tell you what is the best type of memory to buy or what's the best type of video card to get.

Nor will I tell you what's the best laptop or desktop...I simply do not know your specific needs and even if I did...

All I can say is what I have...which I've already mention some basic components in that pm on one of my laptops.

I know some traders that buy systems designed for gaming.

I know other traders that buy systems that's designed for graphic designers or professional multi-media use (this is me).

Also, how do you know if what you currently have isn't suitable ???

First, I do a lot of multi-media work that along with trading on my systems.

My old systems would freeze up once in awhile after having opened and using 2 or 3 graphic heavy programs for more than a few hours.

Also, once in awhile...maybe a program would crash or just become extremely slow to respond as the day went by until I was forced to reboot.

My new systems (more powerful) with the same programs loaded...prior problems don't exist.

NihabaAshi

#12     Jul 21, 2005