recording dynamic data in excel

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by dcunited, Aug 7, 2006.

1. I use http://www.quotein.com, works like a charm for what I need (didn't have the time to spend 3-6 months learning how to program in Visual Basic/VBA).

Best,

Jimmy

#11     Aug 8, 2006
  2. Which quote feed are you using with that
    RTD product...

cj...

#12     Aug 8, 2006
  3. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Ah, yes forgot about that, sorry.

What you might want to do is have a UDF that uses the cell where you have your DDE link. It will be called everytime the value changes. You can do your processing then.... you'll probably want to keep an internal array in VBA of the ticks, and a global indicator to let you know if there has been a tick update since the last calculate. Then in the calculate event, if there has been an update, go ahead and update your cells accordingly for the chart cause you can't update cells from a function called from the worksheet.

Cash

#13     Aug 8, 2006
  4. Hey Edge,

DTN IQ is probably one of the best all around data feeds for the retail trader.

It has a nice charting system (I use it with Medved Quotetracker though) and, to the point many 3rd party add-ons designed to take advantage of its extremely diverse data feed capabilities.

The only one close to it (and in fact, surpassing it) is Interactive Brokers's data feed, but they don't have very good historical info.

Hope that helps.

JJ

edit: when adding everything together like this, it can get pretty pricey, so make sure you what you want, and why you want it, before you start laying out the cash.

#14     Aug 8, 2006
  5. Thanks... JJ'

How many symbols MAX do you get... and what is the cost of those symbols for the spreadsheet feed...

cj...

:confused:

If You Have The Vision We Have The Code

#15     Aug 8, 2006
  6. I only track the e-mini's (s&p, nasd, dow), so the setup really works for me.

Everyone plays their game a little differently here.

Some like the options, others like to swing trade stocks, still others are into bonds and notes.

You'd have to check-in with DTNIQ to see what setup fills your bill.

I use Medved Quotetracker/IQ Feed/QuoteIN, the combo works pretty well for me and should take care of anything that the thread originator had in mind.

Later,

JJ

#16     Aug 8, 2006