Record $14,000,000,000,000 consumer debt will only mean new highs for wallstreet

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, May 7, 2020.

1. S2007S

S2007S

The higher the consumer debt the higher wallstreet goes.

Yes, consumer debt of a record breaking $14 trillion means absolutely nothing for wallstreet. So with a record 33,000,000 unemployed, $14 trillion in consumer debt and an unlimited printing press dishing out trillions in stimulus how can wallstreet not party. If anyone doesn't find this as an 8th womder of the world is beyond me.

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-...ord-q1-before-coronavirus-pandemic-fed-2020-5

comagnum likes this.
  2. maxinger

maxinger

that's why it is so important not to over analyse those numbers.

just focus on the charts.

3. Having your money "in tune" with the charts is the best way to potentially profit through all of this while maintaining risk control.

But if the government prints enough... you could have a BILLION $USD which won't be worth a shekel.

"Unthinkable"... "impossible for the US"? Not only has it happened multitudes of times throughout history... it's already happened at least once before in America!

Ever hear the expression, "not worth a Continental"? (In my hustler days I liked the expression, "not worth 2 dead flies". Same thing.)

Last edited: May 7, 2020
  4. Consumer savings rate in US is highest since 1980s. I don't think debt is the problem this time.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/PSAVERT

5. I think the "savings rate" is measured over a VERY short term... and is likely a pittance compared to debt balances... reported to make things look better than they are. (Gee... what government would do that?)

Bottom Line... "savings rate" doesn't mean SQUAT until the debt balances are paid down. That is, "savings" need to be a NET balance after retiring debts to have any meaning at all. (And we're LIGHT YEARS away from that.)

Last edited: May 7, 2020
    Whynottrade likes this.
  6. Edmond

Edmond

This is old news.
    Btw: auto loans are 1.2 trillion in the USA

Nobert likes this.
  7. easymon1

easymon1

Can anybody print money like that or do you need special permission?

Edmond likes this.
  8. Buy the market, just buy it. You can not beat them, join them. It will keep going up to the moon

Edmond likes this.
  9. Yes, listen to maxinger here. I do this too.

I no longer listen to the news anymore. All the money is on the chart. Just focus on day trading and forget all that politics bullshit and racism and economy stuff. The brain can not make good money decision with all that crap.

Turn the news off. Do not listen to that stuff.

Just loook at the chart. Cleary the S&P 500 index is in a strong bull trend now, so jump in that thing man. It is easy.

I just buy the SP500 index twice a month when I get paid from the job, put alot of money in there and just wait. I do not care about what the government doing, they ain't talking about giving me money anyway, so who cares.

Then focus on day trading trying to make about $400 - $1000 a day. Forget all that news stuff.

Just watch the chart man.

Nobert likes this.
  10. easymon1

easymon1

hell yeah 89.jpg
    here's a guy been trading since the '70s, says likewise.
    cued...

#10     May 7, 2020
    SimpleMeLike likes this.