Record 1.2 Million People Fall Out Of Labor Force In One Month

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by THE-BEAKER, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Wallet

Wallet

I would love to see CBS report that the total percentage of Americans without work and those who are part-time employed but would like full time employment is 15.1%. “Marginally Attached Workers” …. Such a sanitized and misleading description of someone who’s needs work and is either so discouraged they quit looking or someone who succumbed to financial pressure and took a part-time job beneath their skill level or took any part time job they could find to at least put food on the table.

#71     Feb 5, 2012
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Probably the best take thus far on the BLS release - by Hussman. Note that he does not believe there is intent to mislead, but there is misleading nonetheless.

http://hussmanfunds.com/wmc/wmc120206.htm

#72     Feb 6, 2012
  3. Well, I'll be damned... Ain't we all one happy little family now?

#73     Feb 6, 2012
  4. sure I'd love for them to report U6 too. then they'd also have to report that U6 peaked at 17% in 2009, was 16% through most of 2011, and is now 15%.

in other words, they'd be reporting that we're in a recovery, to the shagrin of the perma-bears who think there's no recovery going on

#74     Feb 6, 2012
  5. dudebro

dudebro

IMO anyone who believes in govt numbers is either extremely naive and/or taking orders from a TBTF. especially in an election year.

#75     Feb 6, 2012