Reconciliation of the soul

Discussion in 'Politics' started by morganist, Jan 26, 2010.

1. morganist

morganist Guest

This is something I feel quite strongly about and wondered if any one has any views.

If there is any kind of salvation or purification from the nature of humanity then are the sins we commit now the limitation as to whether we are entitled to receive it. Say for example we commit a sin, a terrible sin such as torture or murder, can we live with that crime if we are purified. If people become better to the point they do not commit atrocities there must be some level of purification, the taking out of the desire to affect other human beings would be necessary.

This would require appreciation of the suffering imposed on other humans and the will to not subdue anyone to it. Therefore if people develop this appreciation or consideration for other human beings to live in a peaceful environment. Will they be able to live with the crimes they have afflicted society with when the purification occurs. This also assumes the rest of the people who have been purified can live with someone who has afflicted society. If they have also been purified to the extent they have consideration for others and care for their suffering could they forgive that person for their crimes and live among them.

Is this process of purification and the love for other human beings the reason why some can never be redeemed. Can someone who surpasses such morality ever live with themselves or be accepted by other human beings when they become aware of the the suffering they have committed or will they be outcast from society due to the greater appreciation the rest of humanity has for the innocent?

What do you think?

2. Can someone who surpasses such morality ever live with themselves or be accepted by other human beings when they become aware of the the suffering they have committed or will they be outcast from society due to the greater appreciation the rest of humanity has for the innocent?
    -----------------------------

My first thought is: depends on who has the power.

What comes to mind is East & West Germany after WW2.

3. Regarding the first part: Empathy. How do you teach empathy?

If empathy is learned nutured and taught at an early age, suppose it isn't because of a dsyfuntional home life (adults), now we may be at a point of brain processes underlying the experience of empathy will not develope fully. Then what?

Criminals may stop the behavior but not because they have learned or feel empathy but some other method of re-enforcement. (I believe this is the treatment).

4. morganist

morganist Guest

I guess what I am saying is if there is a way to provide people with empathy will they then look back on what they have done and not reconcile themselves. You have to assume there is a way to gain empathy, regardless of the environment around you.

Also is empathy environmental, is empathy something in us genetically or soulfully. I personally think when a person cares about another more than themselves they develop empathy. Therefore you could say when someone falls in love they develop empathy to say someone who was in a poor environment is not capable of falling in love is not something I agree with. So is the process of falling in love the process of purification.

5. There is no redemption for those who have no inner conscience or ability to feel fully remorseful for their sins...

Which pretty much eliminates republicans from any chance at redemption.

6. In my opinion it would depend upon the basis of the determination of what 'sin" is. What is the benchmark or the authority upon which the judgement of what is sin and how salvation / purification from our sin can occur.

The methodology would require a known authority or benchmark.

7. Geez o' Pete........I think you need a vacation.

8. morganist

morganist Guest

just assume it is the christian benchmark of sin. catholic or protestant will do.

9. to say someone who was in a poor environment is not capable of falling in love is not something I agree with.
    -----------------

Tough call. The relationship may look like love but I'd be willing to bet it is a relationship of quid pro quo.

10. Hey you forgot to mention

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ Sarah Palin °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

:D:D

#10     Jan 26, 2010