Recommended system builders?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by 10yrtrader, Nov 29, 2005.

1. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with contracting a company to build your automated trading system. I use Esignal's EFS, and I know that Matheny Enterprises offers to custom build a trader's system.

Does anyone have any experience with them, or any other firms?

Thank you very much

Jason

2. RobMc

RobMc

Jason

I've used Brad Matheny twice before. Very pleasant chap, is very experienced with different systems and different types of client and really knows his efs from his elbow.

My only concern (and it is a general one and I must stress this is nothing to do with Brad personally) is that as soon as you get someone "outside" to code your croesus system then it becomes "out there" somewhere. I know it sounds a bit over cautious but .........

Currently I trade my own system manually until I can code it myself which, for a coding numbnuts, while not an insuperable problem is requiring some serious study! The original basis for my effort is a paper Brad wrote as a basic guide and is on eSig in efs learning somewhere.

If you are a ten year trader then you'll understand the limitations of eSignal as far as intraday data history goes, but if you test on end of day that is obviously not applicable.

Given the caveat of the system being disclosed to someone else i.e. the coder, if I did need to use someone again I would have no hesitation in going back to Brad Matheny.

I've no connection with him, I'm UK based, but just think its fair to pipe up when the subject is mentioned.

Good luck.
    Rob

3. hihi

hihi

My strategy has been automated by IndexFuturos (http://www.indexfuturos.com/specific_strategy.htm), but they only work with Interactive Brokers.

4. thank you both very much...

As far as indexfuturos goes, do they optimize your systems, and backtest and walk-forward test and all that, or just build your system as you specify with your trading rules?

Jason

5. hihi

hihi

No, they don't. They just build the system with any rule you specify. I prefer so, because I don't want the last details of my strategy (ticker, time frame, parameters, ..) are public.