Discussion in 'Backup and Security' started by robbo, Jul 5, 2008.
Can anyone recommend any good free spyware to install on my PC?
Not sure if these are all Free.
* ContraVirus - also known as ExpertAntivirus is a fake Spyware, Trojan removal application known to give exaggerated reports of potential risks on a computer.
* IEDefender - A rogue anti-spyware application with aggressive advertising and scare tactics.
* Smitfraud - A computer infection that may display false security alerts or popup messages stating that you are infected with a parasite. Cannot be removed by conventional methods.
* SpyCrush - Part of a group of rogue anti-spyware programs including Spylocked and VirusBurst. Creates system alerts to get users to purchase a full version of the SpyCrush rogue anti-spyware program.
* SpyDawn - A bogus anti-spyware program that may be installed on your computer without you knowing about it. Resembles a legitimate spyware removal programâs interface.
* SpyLocked - A well known bogus anti-spyware program that may be installed onto userâs computer through a previously downloaded Trojan or codec.
* SpyShredder - A dangerous corrupt anti-spyware program that hijacks your PC for malicious purposes. It may infect your machine through Trojans and browser security exploits.
* Trojan.Vundo - A Trojan downloader that generates exaggerated pop-ups on your machineâs screen. May install itself through browser security holes in your computer without your approval.
* VirusProtect - A rogue anti-spyware program which downloads and installs itself onto your PC through a Trojan called Zlob. The Zlob Trojan can be found bundled in video codecs used to view video files, especially with adult content.
* VirusProtectPro - A rogue anti-spyware program that installs itself onto your computer through a Trojan or web security holes. May change your desktop settings, hijack your web browser and redirect you to unwanted web sites.
* Winfixer -Displays false information about the userâs computer, confusing the user into believing that their PC is infected with viruses, spyware and/or other forms of malware. Very similer to programs like WinAntiVirus, WinAntiVirusPro, ErrorSafe, SystemDoctor, WinAntiSpyware, AVSystemCare, WinAntiSpy, Performance Optimizer, StorageProtector, PrivacyProtector etc.
* CoolWebSearch - A rogue anti-spyware program that installs itself onto your computer through a Trojan or web security holes. May change your desktop settings, hijack your web browser and redirect you to unwanted web sites.
* MyWebSearch - MyWebSearch is an adware application which, when initially analysed, was observed to display advertisments when the browser was active
How about some free malicious trojans and worms? I'd like to install a few on my pc... Any suggestions?
This is pretty good, and very free, spybot search and destroy.
Ad-aware maybe, avg for virus stuff.
Currently running comodo firewall, its supposed to have all sorts of anti whatever built in, but its a peice of crap so far, screwing up all my damn downloads.
He asked for spyware, not spyware removal
The best and its free.
Do you think that may turn around your 2008 performance or just ease the agony?
Separate names with a comma.