Recommended Option platform

Discussion in 'Options' started by redharel, Apr 8, 2020.

1. redharel

redharel

I'm looking for a good charting and reliable stock options charting platform like TOS looks like but a reliable one(TOS is unreliable, always lagging in quotes for me and not functioning charting wise when i really needs it especially when market volatility is high). I don't want to trade on the platform just use it for charting(i do my trades through IB) and i'm willing to pay for a good platform.

.sigma likes this.
  2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

3. redharel

redharel

4. Metamega

Metamega

Tricky part is going to be data. I believe IB throttles data requests pretty hard. Know for instance AMibroker is limited to 200 RT streaming from IB. Since each option contract is a symbol, cap gets hit quickly.

So any 3rd party software is going to suck with IB data. IQFeed going to run 100+$ for 500 symbols which isn’t getting far with options either.

Probably going to have to look a brokerage platform since your not pulling a bunch of RT data from them to a 3rd party source.

.sigma likes this.
  5. redharel

redharel

Not looking for 3rd party. I don't mind to open new account and finance it but i won't trade there as i prefer to have my trading with IB

6. ZBZB

ZBZB

Use www.tradingview.com for charts and execute on IB. TradingView is the 320th busiest website in the world. I guess all the crypto traders use it.

7. redharel

redharel

I need RT fast platform so i can flip between charts in a split second, not a website

8. ZBZB

ZBZB

Try www.esignal.com then. It can also send orders to IB.

9. ZBZB

ZBZB

TradingView charts are streaming html5 it is not like a static website.

10. redharel

redharel

I need multi charts at the same time, it's not good enough for my needs but thanks for the effort

#10     Apr 8, 2020