Recommended for new traders

Discussion in 'Trading' started by genebort, Mar 6, 2004.

1. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

well i dismiss all "how you can trade to books" as absoulte garbage....fucking crap. All that shit is crap......period....

I do however like the books about the trader without the "with my amazing system you to can win at trading". Books like PITBULL, What I learned Losing a million dollars, MarketWizards and Livingston , they are good reading and dont try and sale some bullshit system, etc.

Then there are the books like Douglas which are educational on the inner reflections as is Howard Abels book, hate to say it.

Then there are the Text books like Natenburg for options, Schwag. is ok.....

ohhh yeah, not only can i trade and do for a living, for about 9 years now, I can also read....

So keep reading those books for ideas CUTTEN......build that library....lol

#31     Mar 8, 2004
  2. nitro

nitro

Interesting. I will have to look into this.

I wholeheartedly agree.

nitro

#32     Mar 8, 2004
  3. Cutten

Cutten

So did those books contribute to your profitability? If no, then why recommend them? If yes, then you are admitting that some trading books contain profitable ideas.

#33     Mar 8, 2004
  4. Diode

Diode

I'll second dbphoenix's suggestion to hit the library first. While it's true that a single idea gleaned from a book may justify the purchase price, why not increase your reward:risk ratio by eliminating the purchase price entirely? Save your shekels for the books that are worth multiple reads.

Also check out university libraries if you have that option.

#34     Mar 9, 2004
  5. sjp

sjp

The purpose of this site is to help little pricks like you pal. Go ahead and buy all the books you like, its your money.

Yours
    Laughing Trader

#35     Mar 9, 2004
  6. Ive been involved in the futures industry for about 15 years as a paper filler in the pit and as a broker and then had a few years off and i am just staring to look at it from the point of trading my own money in the electronic markets-hence i consider myself a novice, no major claims to having made a great fortune on the punt. I do however know a lot of people who have had average to very great success trading and the one thing they have in common is that not in a pink fit would any of them have the time or the interest to manage to post 100 odd messages somewhere like ET in a month. You are right SJP the idea of this website is to exchange ideas and help each other out. i had a skim through your posts and all you have done in any of them is crap on about what idiots people are and what a wiz you are. There wasn't one positive bit of advice. The other thing you are probably right about is that the boards are not full of people in the George Sorros league of trading. So hows does this leave you. Personally I reckon your to full of wind and the need to tell everyone your a hotshot to really be any good. but that is something that will never be established one way or another on this site so be whatever u need to be.

#36     Mar 9, 2004
  7. sjp

sjp

I think we can therefore agree this site is shit, which having read my posts you will know is my standpoint. I personally find it very difficult to be trading all day long without losing a fortune, as you are new to screen trading you perhaps havent realised yet that there are hours and hours of nothing to do. In the pit, you make paper aeroplanes and throw them around - on the screen you surf the web, perhaps posting the odd message on such websites as these.

Fun Fun Fun

Yours

#37     Mar 9, 2004
  8. sjp your still missing the point bro !!!

Why bother... if your that much of a masochist just hang out in an S and M room and spew your tales of misery there.

This room is about education, information and experience sharing !

There is no room for your kind of BS in here.

WE REALLY DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT HOW WONDERFUL YOU THINK YOU ARE AND HOW CRAP YOU THINK THIS ROOM IS .

SO EITHER GO AWAY AND FIND A dungeon SOME WHERE OR ONLY CONTRIBUTE TO THE PROCESS OF FACTS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE.

Know one in here is as self defensive as you ... and you know what they say.

People always tend to point out the flaws in others that bother them the most about themselves.

Smarten Up and use this room as a tool or don't waste our time and yours.

I'm sure if you try you can help some of the struggling traders in this room with all your great success. RIGHT.

Well just think how great you will feel about yourself if you even just help one guy in here put a meal on his table and provide for his family because of you.

Think about it.

#38     Mar 9, 2004
  9. sjp

sjp

lol cheers for that. That makes my day actually!

Foolish oaf

Yours
    Entertained Trader

#39     Mar 9, 2004
  10. Vishnu

Vishnu

a focus on trading instead of personality. It just so happens that today triggers one of the systems discussed in my book. The chapter on the QQQ Crash.

#40     Mar 9, 2004