Recommended for new traders

Discussion in 'Trading' started by genebort, Mar 6, 2004.

1. BSAM

BSAM

Dat's what I'm talkin' about.:cool:

#21     Mar 8, 2004
  2. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

LOL, next thing you know will be softwear to teach you to trade like a hedgefund, then there will be infomoricals (moron commercials) to sell you a book and method on how to trade like a hedge fund, "WITH MY AMAZING SYSTEM, YOU TO CAN MAKE MILLIONS TRADING LIKE UR OWN HEDGEFUND.

LOL, why do you guys buy this garbage?

#22     Mar 8, 2004

3. www.kingdomcapital.com

#23     Mar 8, 2004
  4. Vishnu

Vishnu

its been somewhat of an unpleasant experience writing the book that this thread is about. For one thing, writing a book doesn't make any money. Nor do I have any interest in doing an informercial, etc since all of my time/career is focused on my fund.

Second, the book took a lot of time to research and write. I don't think I'll make that same mistake anytime soon.

Third, while I've gotten many nice reviews already I've also gotten my fair share of "how can you reveal all of these secrets!" as if there was such a thing as a secret in trading. Trading is more about process, persistence, and psychology. The techniques in the book aren't presented as holy grails but more as an insight into a process. As far as persistence, and psychology, well, thats the hard part.

-James Altucher

#24     Mar 8, 2004
  5. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

Interesting and please my man, no MORON COMERCIALS.

I agree, i dont think there are secrets to the hedgefund process, in fact i know there are not.

The only secrets persa is the rolla-dex with the direct numbers to the desk of the anaylst and which trader is dealing with which anaylst.....

Hedgefund holdings can be found on BLOOMBERGTERMINAL with a strok of a few keys.

So, the secret land of the Hedgefunds is non-existant expect for one little island called RENNISANCE, they are very very hush hush on their 300 MIT programer and only have Two people who have actual trading backgrounds....But i dont have to tell you VISHNU you already know who im talking about...

Also, Poor Howard Abel.....worked for a hedgefund for about a year if that...he was, let say, re-direct to writing books again.....

But im sure this is not new to you.

#25     Mar 8, 2004
  6. traderob

traderob

As you said no one makes money from selling books. The vendors who rely on traders for income are selling dvd courses at $500 or more a pop.

After reading this thread I promptly ordered your book. Do I expect it to be a holy grail? No.
    But if I pick up one idea that is more than enough to justify the time in reading it.

#26     Mar 8, 2004
  7. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

The kindgom capital training institute ....already making coin selling bullshit...LOL

#27     Mar 8, 2004
  8. Hi Guys,
    How are you? I am extremely new to trading and would like to attend either an "online" or mentoring program from a Trading School, but not sure which school to go to? Can I please request your advice on the following question?

Which schools, do you all recommend?

1) Pristine.com
    2) Bright Trading, LLC - http://www.stocktrading.com/training.shtml

3) Marketwise.com

I would really like to learn this, however feel that I need an a good teacher to help me learn "how to" trade and also learn properly.....has anyone heard about the above trading schools or have any recommendations???

Thanks

#28     Mar 8, 2004
  9. Cutten

Cutten

Personally I have found my trading book collection to be highly profitable. Most are garbage, but a few have ideas which can make a lot of money. A good example is Gary Smith's "How I trade for a living" and his comments on trend persistence in junk bond funds. That tip alone made me thousands of times the cover price in 2002-03, with a max 2.5% drawdown on the position, and all I had to do was spend 60 seconds checking the position on the close each day.

Anyone who dismisses trading books out of hand, is either stupid or can't read. Probably both.

#29     Mar 8, 2004
  10. Mecro

Mecro

Dude you sound like a complete and arrogant asshole that obviously has something to prove.
    I was consistently profitable in under 9 months but I do not have that much animosity and rudeness.

But I actually agree with your comments. And your posts are funny as hell.

#30     Mar 8, 2004