Recommended Chart Software or Site

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by G Trader, Jan 24, 2018.

1. G Trader

G Trader

Hi everyone, I just joined the site and this is my first post. I have a new day trading setup with a couple of 27" 4K monitors that I'm just itching to fill with charts throughout each day. Can someone who is knowledgeable about charts and available charting products available today please recommend a product that can do the following:

1. Individual arrangeable chart windows for each stock ticker entered. Or at least have one window that can have numerous charts arrangeable inside it in various layouts.
    2. Can preset chart default settings (moving average preferences, Bollinger bands, etc.) so the charts pop up how you want them the instant you request a new chart.
    3. Ability to have 15+ charts open at one time.
    4. Charts should all refresh automatically (prefer a refresh rate less than 10s) throughout the day instead of having to manually press an update or refresh button for each chart.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I'm kind of overwhelmed with all of the sites and software available. Thanks in advance.

2. just21

just21

heispark likes this.
  3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

4. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

If you want to also have a functionality of trading on the charts, I suggest Multicharts. Net and
    You can connect it to CQG or Rithmic. They have rebuilt their charts specifically for 4K charts.
    I think there are many good platforms, but the charting on MC is one of the better ones in terms of design. https://optimusfutures.com/Platforms/MultiChartsNET.php

5. eSignal, as Robert Morse also recommended. However, if you are an active trader, you might want to look elsewhere, as they no longer develop or improve their products with the active trader in mind. I used them for 10 years but stopped for that reason.

6. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

To be honest, I used them before 2011. I liked them very much and it was worth the cost to me. Now, I would just use the charts on our software, but I'm not a chartest.

7. So I guess you were using version 10 at that time. They built a new program from scratch starting with version 11. It was a significant improvement, lead by the Project Manager at the time. But when he left the company everything fell apart. It is still excellent in many respects. But it looks as though the developers are now running the show and ruining what could have been a great product. If they ever put a trader in charge, or start listening to traders, it still might be saved.

8. heispark

heispark

I also recommend TradingView, it's cheap and you can connect CQG live data without additional cost if you already have CQG live account. Sooner or later, you also can connect Interactive Brokers! Excellent. :thumbsup:

9. G Trader

G Trader

Thanks all. This is a big help. I'll check out each suggestion and let you know how it goes.

10. fxwizard

fxwizard

A Jedi builds his own lightsaber. No seriously, all third party charts suck. You will need to build your own charts in something C# to master "The Force" (ie. The Market)!

#10     Jan 25, 2018
    G Trader likes this.