Recommended brokers for scalping futures

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by bmoney, Dec 7, 2020.

1. bmoney

bmoney

I’m looking for a broker to start trading futures in. I’m looking to scalp futures with the DOM, so I’m trying to find a broker with a good commission structure being the highest priority. Anyone have recommendations that I could research?

2. They

They

pureequity964 likes this.
  3. DevBru

DevBru

+1.

Low commissions, good support and a lot of different platforms available.

pureequity964 likes this.
  4. tradeovate

All in one and no platform fees and you can easily go frpm your desk top to your phone to your tablet.
    they have a zero commissions tier also if you are really scalping this coud sve you some money

5. Masil

Masil

You should go offshore; they got better tolerance for scalpers. You get lower spreads and high leverage if you need that. try Forexchief ECN accounts. Thank me later.

6. Fonz

Fonz

I quote the OP "I’m looking for a broker to start trading futures"
    Scalping futures with an offshore Forex broker... Could not be best solution o_O
    On their website I saw "they" will even give you a bonus of $500 to help you. I like this one very much.

7. longshort

longshort

Tradovate is an introducing broker for Dorman and charges $0.09 per side clearing which is basically the same as commission, in addition to their $2,400 flat fee a year. At 2000 sides a month, this works out to $0.19 a side. At 10K sides a month, it's $0.11 for the broker. Exchange and NFA fees are an additional $1.25/side when trading ES, for example.

As for platforms and visualization, have a look at Bookmap with a market-by-order feed like Rithmic (or dxFeed) showing more than 10 DOM levels. If you use it for order entry, Rithmic routing alone is typically $0.10 per side. Bookmap with one click trading + Rithmic would be worth it to me if I were a scalper.

For an alternative to AMP, have a look at Ironbeam. Commissions and margins aren't as openly advertised but you can get them to match other brokers if you ask.

8. Jenci

Jenci

Regulated brokers don't offer low spreads?

9. If you have a decent enough trading balance that you plan on using, Interactive brokers would be the right choice. They are the most professional futures broker that I have seen. They are offering a killer margin rate at the moment, provided you deposit $100,000 minimum. So not really a beginner-friendly broker I would say. The account balance that is required to be maintained is low and the investment range for commodity trading is good enough.