Recommendations on futures feed?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by prox, Nov 8, 2002.

1. prox

prox

Looking for real time feed for stocks/futures that will display volume and work on Quotetracker. IB doesn't do volume for whatever reason. Any ideas ? Cheap would be good :eek:

2. nusrat

nusrat

Trust Jerry's advice. See the QT page about supported feeds.

3. Once you go real time, nothing is cheap anymore. You pay real time fees, charting fees, compliance(with your charting software) fees, and exchange fees.

I have two charting systems that I use. Tradestation is $100/month if you have at least $5Gs in an account. An additional $10/month for e-minis, and about $60/month for all CME quotes. You have to look into the exchange fees.

I also use Sierra Chart and that is $40 for 6 months. The mytrack feed is $45/ month plus exchange fees.

So the Sierra Chart stuff is probably better than the quotetracker stuff because mytrack is with Track Data, and Track Data is in my opinion the best data provider out there.

Sierra Chart and Quotetracker offer the same things. I preferred Sierra Chart over Quotetracker because of the Track Data feed.

Put it this way, if you can't make a couple hundred bucks a month in futures, you have no business trading futures. And in my experience, with data vendors, you get what you pay for most of the time.

4. yes, for some reason, the sierra charts with the Ib feed have intraday volume. Not sure why that is. That's all I use anymore.