Recommendations for monitors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ricka01, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Ricka01

Ricka01

Hello,

I want to update from my two 15" monitors to 3 monitors. What would you recommend for the middle one, which will be a 22 to 24" widescreen monitor. I am looking for something that is easy on the eyes, and will have exceptional clarity - especially with text (I do a lot of spreadsheet work).

Most of what I have seen in the stores are ok with the graphics, but horrible for reading MS Office documents. What are your ideas?

Thanks,
    Rick

2. Rick - I run 6 Samsung 19" monitors and they are very nice. One of the nice thing about some of the Samsungs is that the casing is very simple - a 1" black border or so - which makes mounting them very easy and simple on the eyes.

3. just21

just21

Dell 2407 1920*1200 pixels. It increased my productivity enormousely and wished I had got the 3007 which is 2500*1600 but you need a new, high end, graphics card that supports dual link dvi.

4. dchang0

dchang0

I second the recommendation for Samsung monitors. Been using them for years and have never had any quality/reliability issues. They also have a terrific warranty.

My most recent purchase (for trading) was a Samsung SyncMaster 225BW--a beautiful 22" widescreen with a super-thin bezel and a terrific 5ms response time. Its only shortcoming is that the included stand doesn't rotate from landscape to portrait, but I typically replace the bases of my monitors with Ergotron arms anyway.

5. I agree the Samsungs are nice. I just got three new Planar Systems monitors from Tiger Direct, and am very pleased with the product. A five year, next day guaranteed replacement warranty, comes from the manufacturer.