Recommendations for a good book about selling options

Discussion in 'Options' started by lasner, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Generate Thousands by Samir Elias.

Cheesy title, but this is what you're looking for. It's out of print, so you'll have to find a used one.

#11     Feb 5, 2006
  2. cnms2

cnms2

You forgot to add the smiley :) to your recommendation. "lasner" might take you seriously.

#12     Feb 6, 2006
  3. Option Market Making by Baird is a good book that covers it all!

#13     Feb 6, 2006
  4. ra1

ra1

Hi Lasner
    From your post, you obviously believe that one can make more money from writing options. If I were you I'd educate myself on all aspects of options trading - i.e. buying as well as writing options, in order to get a complete picture. Larry McMillan's books are ok for starters, then check out s. natenberg so that you understand what you are in for.
    Good luck.

#14     Feb 6, 2006
  5. cnms2

cnms2

"New Insights On Covered Call Writing - The Powerful Technique That Enhances Return And Lowers Risk In Stock Investing" by Richard Lehman and Lawrence G. McMillan

#15     Feb 6, 2006
  6. ChrisM

ChrisM

The best strategies are not described in publications, but if you check performance of CTAs selling options you would know why.

Start with McMillan and Natenberg, but most of your techniques will have to be developed by yourself.

You`re on right track, do not pay attention to all those common fearful opinions. If they were that good in knowing what they want, they would not come to Elite searching for info :)

#16     Feb 6, 2006
  7. OTR

OTR

I second New Insights on Covered Call Writing, I did a review of it on my sight, http://www.options-trading-resources.com/covered-call-option-insights.html,
    You might also check out Covered Calls: A Wealth Option, which I review at http://www.options-trading-resources.com/Covered-Call-Options-CSE.html. Good luck.

Steve Rosenbaum
    http://www.options-trading-resources.com/EliteTrSig

Option Trading tools the pros wish they had! A former Chicago Mercantile Exchange
    employee reviews stock option trading software, books, and web sites and online income opportunity.

#17     Feb 6, 2006

8. When it comes to options trading, I think certain personality types gravitate naturally towards varying strategies accordingly.

Those who instinctively crave limited risk/unlimited returns will seek out options buying strategies. (Or lottery tickets.)

Those who fall in love with the idea of time decay, the concept of 'if the market is boring- great! I make money.' ...will seek out options selling strategies.

Those who crave a very high probability of success on each individual trade (Even though the wins will be small, and the occasional losses can be huge) ...will seek out OTM options selling strategies.

Those who crave safety instead of 'action', will seek out spreads trading strategies.

And finally, those who are complete amateurs with absolutely no concept of the way options work ...will seek out covered call writing strategies. :p

#18     Feb 6, 2006
  9. ChrisM

ChrisM

Great summary, I love it :)

#19     Feb 6, 2006
  10. Ninja

Ninja

And it even doesn't sound biased... ;-)

#20     Feb 6, 2006