Recommendations for a Futures Trader

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by andiamo, Aug 15, 2008.

1. andiamo

andiamo

I would appreciate it if the ET community could provide some prop firm recommendations for a futures trader that has some experience. The firm does not have to strictly trade futures as I know that some firms are a bit of a mixed bag. I only care that the firm allow their traders to trade futures (or be open to the possibility). I would prefer that we keep the suggestions to firms that back (provide capital for) their traders. I'm flexible on location (althougth I prefer the US). It would also be very helpful if people could share why they are recommending a particular firm.

I want to be clear that I'm not looking for a list of every trading firm that exist. I have seen several lists of that nature and that's not what I am looking for. What I would like is if people could recommend/suggest a specific firm and tell me why they are making that recommendation.

Thanks for your help!

2. Search ET for answers to your questions. You have to dig for enough information and broker ratings. I like PFG for a broker, IB for data and QuoteTracker for charts. Fills are good but not great, data is good enough for charts and QuoteTracker is superior. Other traders have more sophisitcated and expensive needs, with multiple monitors and blah blah blah... I boiled down my indicators and systems so I can trade on a laptop, from anywhere I want. Happy trading to all.