Recommendations for a day/swing trading noob?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by spacebass5000, May 28, 2009.

1. NoDoji

NoDoji

Ammo, question: I notice price sometimes continues the trend from just above the trend line and sometimes just below. Do you have any rules for entry when looking to put on in the direction of the trend? I watched a Velez live trading demonstration in which he accumulated a long position all the way through a pullback. I was thinking it seemed risky that way (what if this pullback was actually a reversal?) and I thought it was better to wait for the price to pivot from around the trend line, then get into the position. On the other hand his method allowed him to get a solid position on without "missing the train".

#31     Jun 23, 2009
  2. jprad

jprad

If Jack's language does not have rules then it should follow that what he says would come across as gibberish to a person who uses a rules based language.

Hmm, your theory appears quite sound indeed...

#32     Jun 23, 2009
  3. NoD:

Note -
    1) Trend line is a subjective entity. Everybody draws trendlines differently. It's not even a matter of time periodicity used. 2 people looking at the same 1-minute chart, they can draw different trend lines. So a "break" of the trendline would be only be a break in the eye of the beholder.

2) Velez's method, which is rooted from the Pristine's method - maybe he really co-developed or maybe he stole... I don't know. They advocate buying on pull-backs to 20MA (a PBS - Pristine Buy Setup). For a stock/market that is on an uptrend, it is a fairly safe strategy. The only challenge is finding a stock that is on an uptrend and pulling back to near the 20MA. - for his "demo"

#33     Jun 23, 2009
  4. Actually I didn't say that but rather was simply making the point that to say language has no rules is incorrect.

lj

#34     Jun 23, 2009