Recommendation on which prop? Overnight leverage a must.

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by JBahn, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

We can probably help you out. Shoot me a PM.

#11     Jun 18, 2010
  2. (Just reading).... and thanks for the kind words..

What is a "typical" prop firm? I look at Echo, Generic, Assent (RIP, but a good firm for many years) as "typical" in the registered firm arena....not the Canadian type firms like my friends at SWIFT who have long term grandfathered ticket rates that equate to very low per share cost.

Not the cheapest, but willing to post:

www.stocktrading.com/fees2010.html

volume traders down to a quarter or so.

The industry is going through some major changes this Summer, so I do ask, and applaud those (who do) do their due diligence.

In fact I've added 1 day, possibly two to my next class just to cover all the regulatory "stuff" coming down the pike.

All the best,

Don

#12     Jun 18, 2010
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Hey Donnie boy, I saw you gave Carley Garner a nice review on her commodity book. Are you looking to spread your wings?

#13     Jun 18, 2010
  4. ScottSam

ScottSam

Neutral here. But :

Just wanted to specify that it has nothing to do with grandfathered rates. 90% of Canadian props can do 0.20/1000 shares. And that includes firms younger than Swift. I'm not saying it's offered to every trader, it's not. But it's definitely not restricted to Swift, and it's definitely not a "grandfathered ticket rates" story.

#14     Jun 18, 2010
  5. Carly had contacted me after reaiizing we both had columns in TASC and were located in Vegas Baby..LOL.

She helped teach one of my classes that I teach at the local college - pretty smart, like her.

You know her Mav?

Don

#15     Jun 18, 2010
  6. Right - I know that Swift had a long term deal with Penson. But, again..."apples to apples" for U.S. firms is no where near those prices. As I"ve said before, I personally pay 25 cents per hundred, even though are actuall "hard" costs are less, our "total costs" are much more than that...gotta pay those bills I guess, LOL.

Don

#16     Jun 18, 2010
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

I met her one time. Don't know her personally. Don is that local college going to give you an honorary degree?

#17     Jun 20, 2010
  8. abc123

abc123 Guest

Hey Don,

I am an underfunded, yet gross profitable trader (commissions too high for a $2,000 account - which is laughable to begin with), and use an intraday momentum breakout system along with market internals.

I am wondering if you provide trading leverage for such tiny sized risk deposits at all? And I suppose Canadian citizens are not required to have a Series 7? I am continuing to search your website for answers on these questions, but there are lots of articles on it, and I want to know if anything has changed because of all the fin-reg talk going on these days.

Thanks!

#18     Jun 20, 2010
  9. DT3

DT3

Pretty sure Bright requires a 25k risk deposit

#19     Jun 21, 2010