Recommend Good Trading Coach

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by marxdhr, Feb 19, 2009.

1. oh, forgot to mention that in about 10 yrs of watching every tick you'll finally get it :D

#21     Feb 20, 2009
  2. <i>"So, why did you say “like hell he does”? Shouldn’t I conclude that 100+% returns are very achievable – regardless whether you think % returns is a silly way to measure?"</i>

Let's examine some scenarios on annual returns:

Three traders are all following the exact-same mechanical system, identical buys and sells. The only difference in their performance at all is account size.

Trader #1 begins with $20,000
    Trader #2 begins with $200,000
    Trader #3 begins with $2000,000

Each one decides to trade five (5) TF futures contracts per turn. Max loss on each 5-lot trade is -$500 plus costs.

The 100% mechanical, blackbox system in our fantasy example here averages +20 index points per month gains inside one calendar year. That is +$2,000 per contract or +$10,000 per 5-lot position.

At year's end, each trader made +$120,000 gross profit from their participation... all fills were identical in the mechanical system block trades. No variance in results whatsoever.

Trader #1 would be measured in buy/hold vernacular as +600%
    Trader #2 would be measured in buy/hold vernacular as +60%
    Trader #3 would be measured in buy/hold vernacular as +6%

Assuming I have my math above correct, is that a fair way to measure performance? All three traders performed exactly the same... sole difference was how much excess capital they did not use. Other than that, true performance on executions was identical.

No difference there than some of the prop guys in here who made +1,000s% on their initial deposit last year. How can you quantify that performance parallel to some mutual fund linear buy & hold?

That's all I meant in earlier conversation

#23     Feb 20, 2009
  3. If you really want help I'm willing to help

No Cost

The catch; You have to do all the work.

You can start by telling me why you are not making the money you think you should.

#24     Feb 20, 2009
  4. No reply to your post:eek:

#25     Aug 17, 2009
  5. deaddog

deaddog

I wasn't really expecting one. Once you answer the question honestly, you can probably help yourself.

#26     Aug 22, 2009
  6. Redneck

Redneck

eta - BINGO

Words of Wisdom Sir

RN

#27     Aug 22, 2009
  7. A quick search of the OP's other posts he is looking for a method that will return 100% per year.

I don't have that :D

#28     Aug 26, 2009