Recommend Good Trading Coach

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by marxdhr, Feb 19, 2009.

1. marxdhr

marxdhr

ammo, thank you for the constructive response.

#11     Feb 19, 2009
  2. Patty deMartin Morehouse, of course!

Don't let her scary looks scare you.

She will throw in remote viewing for free, and one of her little disciples will give you $1mm to trade!

#12     Feb 19, 2009
  3. marxdhr

marxdhr

ScrapGF, you don't limit your number of trades. Since there are thousands of equities to trade, and only a limited number of forex spreads and currencies, by definition less instruments yield less trades per day, week, month, etc.

#13     Feb 19, 2009
  4. ScapGF

ScapGF

So wait, are you saying that one has to be trading a very large array of stocks to see the returns you mentioned? I am not sure I am following you here...

#14     Feb 19, 2009
  5. marxdhr

marxdhr

austinp, my apologies if you run coiledmarkets and I offended you. Your handle sounds remarkably close to the name of the guy that runs that site.

A friend of mine viewed one of your recent videos and told me that you said your objective is to make 100 points in the TF each month risking 1 point per trade. If you have a bank roll worth 200 TF points (a risk of .5% per trade) , it doesn't take a mathematical genious to see that you were saying in the video that your objective is 1/2 that bankroll per month. That is a phenomenal return of 600% per annum. I did not see the video myself so perhaps my friend and I have that statistic wrong in which event I apologize.

#15     Feb 19, 2009
  6. <i>"A friend of mine..."</i>

That's funny, a friend of mine had me order an info packet from Bosley Hair Restoration. Seems he's going bald and watched an infomercial on tv...

Ahem, well anyways, let me help you with some simple math. There are 21 trading days on average in a calendar month. If someone sets a personal, individual goal to average +5pts TF daily, that is not impossible. Take a gander at today's TF chart for example. Do you see reasonable potential for +5pts profit gain somewhere or other in there?

Now, your friend is a reasonable person, I'm sure. He/she obviously heard from the same source that some days will result in par or net loss. Other days need to be bigger than average to make up for those known, certain underperformance events.

Is your friend with me so far? Good.

It doesn't matter what the starting bankroll is, any more than it matters what a prop trader uses for seed capital leverage. We are not measured on annual returns per capita like a linear stock investor with no leverage would be.

Whether someone has a $20,000 account, $200,000 or $2000,000 futures account balance is irrelevant if all three traders flip five TF contracts per turn. The end result is whatever it is... how much or little capital is used in the process means zippo to the net-profit result. Who really cares what the annual return is? Meaningless drivel stats.

I'm sure your friend knows where to look on how today went in the TF for that other guy you referenced. I'm equally sure if you shoot him an email yourself, he'd be happy to explain in detailed depth how a self-professed newbie like you has a long, long road ahead. Stick & stay... you just might get your pay :)

#16     Feb 19, 2009
  7. #17     Feb 19, 2009
  8. I am going to come off like a prick but here goes. If a trading coach is truly successfully at trading why would they want to teach you their system/methodology. What you could pay them should pale in comparison to their trading earnings, right? Is it out of their kindness to humanity. By all means set me straight if I am wrong. I have learned by wasted $$$: those that can't, teach

#18     Feb 19, 2009
  9. JScott

JScott

AustinP, I’ve followed your postings for a long time and you’re one of very few on this board that I bother to read. Now that I’ve sucked up, I agree with this to an extent . . . you make what you make. But in the spirit of teaching/sharing, doesn’t this leave a lot unsaid?

If you average 5 TF points per day ($500), that’s roughly $125k per year trading. If you started with $5k, that’s an absurd % return. If you started with $100k then that’s 125% return. You made the money on one contract and trading one contract per $100k is many times more conservative than anybody trades, but this suggests that 125% return is possible.
    So, why did you say “like hell he does”? Shouldn’t I conclude that 100+% returns are very achievable – regardless whether you think % returns is a silly way to measure?

#19     Feb 20, 2009
  10. put me in coach! i can do it! throw to me!! i'm open!! :D

watch price action every tick, every sec of every minute every day

#20     Feb 20, 2009