Recommend book(s) on Economics

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Arnie, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Arnie

Arnie

Looking for a book or books on economics. Something for the lay person whithout a college/financial background. Especially interested in understanding money supply and international economics. Thanks

2. Allow me to save you ~30 bucks.-------Chapter-1: When stock prices are making new-highs, money supply and international economics are okay. When stock prices are making lows, money supply and international economics are in disarray. The End.

3. Vince1

Vince1

4. Cesko

Cesko

Anything by Thomas Sowell

5. Jesus Christ, Karl Marx? The guy wants an overview of economics; why would you suggest such a monumental waste of time as that?

Just get any intermediate level macroeconomics books. Gregory Mankiw has a very highly praised one. Just search for his name at amazon.com. Also, Economics: Private and Public Choice, by James Gwartney, is good. I used it for my CFA exams.

6. Drew07

Drew07

I agree with the previous post. Anything by Gwartney and Macpherson is a good start. I had David Macpherson as a Microeconomics professor at FSU and I remember his book as being very good, although I can't find the specific one he used on Amazon.

7. Arnie

Arnie

Thanks guys.

Wasn't that Marx guy in show business? I think he had two brothers. :D

8. Jeffrey

Jeffrey

9. Covert

Covert

#10     Jul 3, 2006