Recommend a way to scan???

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SGD, Feb 19, 2002.

1. SGD

SGD

Can anyone recommend a reliable website and/or service where I can make customized scans, using end of day data.

Ex. Find stocks on NYSE that have had 4 down days in a row.

Ex. Stocks that have moved above their upper Bollinger Band.

Thanks

2. NO:D

3. TC2000 is the undisputed champ, as I've been told anyway. Maybe in a few days I will be able to offer a personal opinion. There is also Quotes Plus.

4. nitro

nitro

Have you tried wealthlab, or TC2000, or pcquote.com?

I believe all of these offer free end of day scans, some quite sophisticated, and if you know how to program, you can create your own.

nitro

5. Whooops! Almost forgot.......the scans are delayed a couple of days. The service is around $50/mo with a one-month free trial.

6. Try TC 2000.

7. trdrmac

trdrmac

SiliconInvestor.com has some great end of day scanning with lots of criteria using technical indicators. I have also started using TC-2000 within the past few weeks and I really like it. Although the scans are a little more canned than SI.

Or, if you want a stock that is down 4 days in a row, you could just throw a dart at the WSJ.

Regards,

8. I've been using TC2000 for years. I've been able translate all types of ideas (i.e. Jeff Cooper, Hit & Run Trading, Tony Oz) as well as my own like, stocks down hard on volume (looking for the bounce) 3 day pull backs, most active with increasing volume, contracting range and volume etc....I have Metastock for more detailed scans (like referencing another symbol), but TC2000 is without a doubt the best tool I use for finding trades and keeping watch lists. If you want, e-mail me and I can send you some examples.

jfb88@rcn.com

#10     Feb 20, 2002