Recommend a Trading chair

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by condorll, Apr 14, 2006.

1. chisel

chisel

#21     Apr 14, 2006
  2. Aeron without a doubt. Don't be too alarmed at the $600 sticker price. It has a 12 year warranty. How many Office Depot chairs will you go through in that time period?

#22     Apr 14, 2006
  3. Thats awesome!!

I always wanted to do that. Do you have any pics of it?

Did you build it yourself or you managed to find a stand up workstation?

I have been looking around but nothing is either the right height, or all the monitors dont fit properly :(

#23     Apr 14, 2006
  4. I went to Ikea (San Diego) in 2001 and sat in the forty+ office chairs they had. The chairs were priced up to $300 and the most comfortable was $49 and change plus about 20 bucks for the arms. I don't see it in the current catalog but the closest thing is the Bonny. I like the chair so much that when the foam and the covering reached the end of their life last year, I bought some urethane foam and some upholstery fabric and went to work with a pair of pliers and a staple gun. The most important thing is that you sit in the chair before buying it; price and looks don't necessarily correspond with how comfortable it is.

Cheers,

TRADERguy

#24     Apr 14, 2006
  5. He's standing in the drive-thru window. They don't allow a chair. Take a look at www.anthro.com Currently running a sale.

#25     Apr 14, 2006
  6. danoXP

danoXP

Is it a "knee chair" what you mean? (see picture here).

Bought one last week from Staples.

We are having a contest in our office to see who can sit in it for the longest time. I logged about 25 minutes, Vinnie couldn't even get into it. Bob has logged the record just yesterday at almost 60 minutes, but the contest was ended today when Bob's back was terribly sore today.

... next I get a sit-up / crunch machine for the office ;)

#26     Apr 14, 2006
  7. We're the same size , nearly identical.
    I use a lazy boy rocker/recliner and it suits me just fine.:)

#27     Apr 14, 2006
  8. gryphes

gryphes

#28     Apr 14, 2006
  9. i'm 6-6 280 and i've broken more chairs than i can dream of in my time. if a chair makes it 2 years i'm happy

#29     Apr 15, 2006
  10. Temperpedic seat cushion from footsmart or wherever you can find it. Around 60 bucks. Works like a charm for back pain. I have the dormia matress s well which is comparable to temperpedic for half the price...big help for back pain!!!!

#30     Apr 15, 2006