recommend a registry cleaner

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by chiguy, Oct 5, 2005.

1. do not use registry cleaners! last time i used a commercial registry cleaner from pctools.com - the computer never booted again. had to re-install the whole thing.

it is recommended to install your computer from scratch every 12-18 months. if you do that, there is no reason in the world for you to 'clean' your registry. this is nothing more than being obsessed with the obsolete.

#11     Oct 12, 2005
  2. gnome

gnome

Well... in spite of my poor success with Registry Cleaners, I just tried jv-16 Power Tools just for the heck of it.... sorry I did.

The result was that it knocked out all of the charts on web pages where graphics were "inserted" [vs. where a link was provided]... took me 2 hours to restore.... and that's only because I had reasonable backup.

ALL REGISTRY CLEANERS ARE SUSPECT!!

User Beware !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My recommendation... DON'T USE 'EM!

Think of your registry as a library of 150,000 books. 50-500 are totally useless... not doing any harm, just taking up space [and therefore theoretically slowing some process]... THAT'S what registry cleaners are tying to eliminate. Odds are, however, that they "clean" a few of the good books along with the garbage... maybe it's no big deal... then again, maybe it is.

Likely, not worth the risk.

#12     Oct 12, 2005