Recommend a good monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DT3, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Yea... I think it has more to do with the company Newegg (wholesaler) than the company Acer.

Anyways, I've had this monitor for a while and it works great. I think about 85% of the reviews gave it 5 stars. The best feature about the monitor is the $199 price tag. You could get 3 screens for $600... and free shipping.

#11     Jun 15, 2009
  2. DT3

DT3

Thx for the heads up. Is the main difference between the 2005fpw and the 2007fp the wide screen on the 2005?

Checking out prices on ebay it seems you can get a 2007 for $180 used and the resolution is 1600x1200, where else the 2005 is 1680x1050. Again I'm no tech expert so maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in, what's the better resolution?

#12     Jun 15, 2009
  3. Initial indications seem to suggest that the 2007fp was shipped with two different types of panel, IPS and PVA. This is not uncommon. Manufacturers used to establish a model with a nicer panel like IPS then switch to a cheaper TN panel when the model is established. This is know as a 'panel lottery' and Dell were famous for it.

http://lcdtech.no-ip.info/en/data/l...=&sm=2007&res=&br=&cr=&rt=&va=&man=&typ=&pan=

You would have to make sure you know what you're buying. With regard to resolutions, I'm not really the guy to help you, sorry.

#13     Jun 15, 2009
  4. The 2007fp is DELL's "UltraSharp" line of monitors, which is their top of the line monitor. With 1600 X 1200 resolution, you'll be able to get a lot more stuff on your screen, while still retaining excellent resolution and clarity. In my opinion its worth the extra dollars.

#14     Jun 15, 2009
  5. #15     Jun 15, 2009
  6. If you want to go with an ips panel look into dell's 2209wa(this is actually e-ips). it won's cnets' edittor' choice.

http://www.cnet.com.au/dell-2209wa-339294389.htm

Also the thing about ips panels there is somthing called input lag. I've pesonally experienced this when i tried the dell's 2408wfp and did notice a difference like my mouse wasn't as quick and responsive to my mouse movements.This was when i just got into building computers too.

some of the pros and cons of each

s-ips, s-pva, e-ips = good viewing angles, even color from top to bottom side, truer color reproduction, high input put lag, most times expensive(except that 2209wa).

tn= low input lag, not as expensive, when viewed from the side color distorsts and also from viewed from top or bottom angles, same color at top is darker if seen from the bottom of mointor.

saying this most people won't have problems with tn. I don't, even when i started learning about monitors. I chose the sp2208wfp over the suppsedly better 2408wfp(s-pva).

I personally have dell's sp2208wfp(tn) and i love them.:D which also won somekind of award from somewhere.

#16     Jun 15, 2009
  7. #17     Jun 16, 2009

8. please stop trashing Hanns G brand!

i bought one a couple of years ago for cheap because of some crazy coupon deal. half a year later it was still working. the only reason i stopped using it is because it started to make extremely loud humming noise whenever on. i guess i could have gotten really good noise-cancelling headphones and still use the monitor. :D

#18     Jun 16, 2009
  9. trendy

trendy

#19     Jun 16, 2009
  10. I got these Samsung 23" monitors with my system which have a resolution up to 2048 x 1152. Too high for my eyes, so I run them at 1920 x 1080. I like them becasue they have a real thin frame around them and they fit on the monitor mount I got. I now have 6 of these - 3 over 3 which is really nice...

You can see the below for a picture if you want.

See http://www.naplestech.com/shopcart/proddetail.asp?prod=LCD_23inch_Samsung

#20     Jun 17, 2009