Recession Pain, Even in Palm Beach (And Madoff Effect): Multi-Millionaires Wiped Out

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Apr 12, 2009.

1. people from palm beach are weird. weird weird weird.

I got some steals at macys in west palm last time I was down there. a lacoste polo for 35 bucks and buffalo jeans for 30. its not wool pants, but I'm not a pb type so..

#11     Apr 12, 2009
  2. Madoff scammed his fellow Jews because he found it easier than ripping off 'gentiles' with whom he would be less comfortable and who would be more inclined to be suspicious of him beause he's Jewish. He seems to fit the classic sociopath profile except that he is rumored to have pleaded guilty in order to spare 'people he cared for'. The sociopath isn't supposed to care for anybody except himself so there's a bit of a contradiction there.

Sometimes I wonder about this whole sociopath concept; so often we find the cold-blooded, predatory charmer has some person(s) in the background that he truly cares for.

For sure there's a ton of schadenfreude operative on the other side of the tracks but if the so-called 'gentiles' had been the victims there'd be just as much nasty satisfaction on the part of the Jews. It's classic Them and Us.

#12     Apr 12, 2009
  3. I'm starting to like this Bernie character..

#13     Apr 12, 2009

4. I just flew back from NYC and I flew out of JFK and I got there rather early so I got to watch a flight going from NYC back to West Palm Beach, it was an interesting group of people flying I will say that. A lot of very wealthy looking older people wearing obnoxious print clothing. I have never been to Palm Beach does naybody here have any commentary on it?

#14     Apr 13, 2009
  5. lpchad

lpchad

I want a Bernie Madoff is my homeboy tshirt

God bless him!

#15     Apr 13, 2009
  6. people walk around dressed as if the world is their yacht club, and they arent too far off the mark.

#16     Apr 13, 2009
  7. smoove

smoove

I grew up in different parts of south fla including the island of palm beach. Went to a small private school there as well. There is a enormous divide amongst the wasp and the jews on the island. Being a wasp myself I can guarantee that there are plenty of merdoff/jew jokes being told this season at island parties. It's not right but many do have that "you deserve it" attitude.

#17     Apr 13, 2009
  8. It sucks. Bunch of pretenders. The real money is north in Stuart and Hobe Sound. Lotta cons go on there. This was just Mega, but they've been going on for years.

I had a customer from there years ago who told me "I don't know when I meet people if they like me, or my money." I was thinking, "it's your money. Definitely your money."

#18     Apr 13, 2009
  9. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#19     Apr 13, 2009
  10. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

#20     Apr 13, 2009