Recession Is Here Right Now!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BlueStreek, Jan 4, 2007.

1. The US has barely touched it's oil reserves, just the low hanging fruit. The tree hugging wackos and liberal sympothizing politicans keep us from reaching the rest.

You are right, if we keep sucking where we have been for the past 120 years we will run it dry.

#11     Jan 4, 2007
  2. No we don't need to use more oil. Advances in technololy will let us use less oil and expand the economy. This is all driven by market forces. They should let oil production be the same.

#12     Jan 4, 2007
  3. S2007S

S2007S

expect the dow to surge over 12600 on that original post. Everytime I read a post by bluestreek the market rallies hard. And if it falls dont praise the post either, it was just luck.

#13     Jan 4, 2007
  4. A broken clock is right every twevle hours.....

#14     Jan 4, 2007
  5. clacy

clacy

Yes, bluestreak's posts have been very good for the markets recently.

I do think a correction is coming, but I find it funny that so many people are so fixated on predicting tops and bottoms.

#15     Jan 4, 2007
  6. I have nothing personally against BlueStreeker.

He's a permabear. He's been fighting the current for a while, but may just end up with with a nice fat Salmon before too long.

I am looking forward to a correction. I was reading historical data from Siegel stating that Bear Markets last far shorter than Bull Markets, and I want to make serious money off a double or triple bottom coiled spring.

#16     Jan 4, 2007
  7. The market move down far faster than it moves up. Hovever over the long term, it has averaged up or we would be at 000. That is true on pretty much any time frame is just human nature.

#17     Jan 4, 2007
  8. I don't consider myself a bear or a bull, I look at the charts and go from there.

That said, I would think a downward break is coming soon. I'm decently positioned for a downwards break, but I have stop losses in place just in case :)

Best of luck to all.

#18     Jan 4, 2007
  9. Mvic

Mvic

10. GOOG,YHOO,BIDU all up big thursday----oh ad revenue will be big in an economc downturn, if yahoo thought their mortgage/auto ad revenue was bad during the third quarter---wait til they feel the recession quarters of this year.

Biotech`s give me a break---too damn risky in a slow growth environment---seems somebody wanted to get out of some positions---and people just jumped right in--sheep get slaughtered.

You better find yourself some nice safe utilities, and dividend plays; park that money in a money market cd until the sell-off is over, but this ain`t going to be pretty from here on out!

whoever bought up tech on thusday (and held) is a complete moron, and should hand over their finances to a professional who is at least going to preserve your capital base.

As your going to get killed on those positions, at least, read some tea leaves in the new year, before you go chasing a bunch of over-inflated internet companies and bio-techs, who will struggle in a slow growth environment!

#20     Jan 5, 2007