Recession is coming ? Take a hard look

Discussion in 'Economics' started by HedgefundTrader2, Jan 8, 2008.

1. MKTrader

MKTrader

Yeah, but valuations (P/Es, etc.) were sky high in 2000 after a huge multi-year bull run. Same situation in 1987. Valuations certainly aren't dirt cheap now (like 1980), but they aren't anything like 2000 levels.

#31     Jan 9, 2008
  2. Who gives a sh$t if we get a recession as it is defined as two consecutive quarters of negative growth. The market is predicting at least a slowdown. Is there really a big difference if we get 1-2% annual growth versus the definition of a recession. And will you trust the numbers the government puts out anyway?

#32     Jan 9, 2008
  3. If you were trying to push up a market with money you dont want to lose, wouldnt you buy puts?

I'd love any info on this you have. I'd really like to know if there are government shorts increasing out there as this market get pushed up.

thx

8s

#33     Jan 9, 2008
  4. I am not your stocktrader. I am a bitch of a trader who stands it ground and folds when its time to fold. I did not liquidate my portfolio even today and look the market bounced off from the August lows!

I do not buy these 'RUMORS" these " FEARS OF RECESSION" I look for evidence, I look at GDP numbers, I evaluate things on my own rather than take these poison pills like a mindless squirrel.

All this talk is about fear generation, panic inducing bull crap. Do you believe what GOLDMANSACHS has to say? They do not have your best interest in mind, they want your to sell since they are short the market and you lose your shirt to them. Since when you started trusting these elephants?

You should listen to folks like me who have no game to play except to share a wealth of experience and give it to you as it is.

#34     Jan 9, 2008
  5. Its like having a fever and not knowing you had a fever, cause you went your merry way enjoying what your life has to offer? It also means these recessions are harmless but in order to get you in a full flegded panic mode its incumbent on GOLDMAN SACHS to push a poison pill , YES? Throw in an economist or two and now your are shaken and stirred , YES?

#35     Jan 9, 2008
  6. Right on brother, right on.

#36     Jan 9, 2008
  7. Its a good point because people seem to be hung up on the terminology and textbook definition of recession. Its bad either way. I wonder when greenspan will give us his next % chance of recession, while at the same time denying any responsibility for the current mess.

#37     Jan 9, 2008
  8. Holy shit! it is you, stock trad3r! LOL, i wondered what handle you were using, you couldn't stay away from ET if it were a crusty old herpe infested whore. That sentence is proof positive who you are.

#38     Jan 9, 2008
  9. James Grant described copper as "the metal with a PhD in economics." Chile's economy, meanwhile, is highly dependent on it.
    From Bloomberg:

Chilean Stocks Tumble on Inflation, Pension Selloff

Jan. 9 (Bloomberg) -- Chile's benchmark stock index slumped, deepening the decline in the worst-performing emerging market this year, as rising inflation, higher interest rates and a dimming outlook for copper exports spooked investors.

Chile, the world's biggest copper producer, met the definition for a ``bear'' market, as the index fell more than 20 percent from an October peak. The drop was exacerbated by local pension funds selling to comply with limits on equity holdings.

#39     Jan 9, 2008

10. I said that I am NOT stocktrader stupid ass.

Do you not read properly? Are you suffering from delusional anxiety?

#40     Jan 10, 2008