Recession eerily reminiscent to period prior to Great Depression

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Jul 28, 2009.

1. For someone who parades around acting like an expert, but in reality is just a loudmouth with no supporting facts. Reagan's deregulation has been favorable except in the banking arena. Republicans did not solely create derivatives, which helped cause this crisis. What about the mess caused by Clinton, Barney Frank and others in the housing debacle? Last time I looked, Wall St. is well represented by Democrats. Fkbullshitite. Another obamanite with his thumb up his ass.

#11     Jul 30, 2009
  2. And in the meantime, dozens of large manufacturing plants a day are closing in the United States:

Thursday, July 30, 2009
    Rieter Automotive closing Indiana factory
    Associated Press

Lowell, Ind. --
    Rieter Automotive North America plans to close a northwestern Indiana factory by the end of the year, eliminating 130 jobs.

Rieter officials say the decision to shut down the plant in the Lake County town of Lowell was made to better align the company's production capacity with demand from its customers.

More than 400 people worked in the mid-1980s at the plant, which produces noise control and automotive trim products for the automotive and appliance industries.

Rieter said it planned to mothball the building and equipment. Farmington Hills.-based Rieter is a division of the Rieter Group of Switzerland.

#12     Jul 30, 2009
  3. And let me guess where they are moving to: someplace that has no unions, no EPA, no DEP, no OSHA rules, and probably very few lawyers.

Am I correct?

The U.S. economy does have massive overhead that is not realistic in today's world economy. Much of this is the direct result of the U.S. monopoly on some types of manufacturing from 1945 through the 1970's.

But that is not to say that today's economy is in any way similar to the 1930's.

#13     Jul 30, 2009
  4. Bakinec

Bakinec

Who the hell gives all your threads a 1 star rating?

Looks like someone here is deeply vested in continuing this fake rally and downplaying real news.

#14     Jul 30, 2009
  5. CORRELATION != CAUSATION

#15     Jul 30, 2009
  6. you wont last long in this business thinking like that.

#16     Jul 30, 2009
  7. I was thinking the same thing.

how devoid of reality can you be to think the star system in a forum is part of some financial conspiracy. bet bernake makes all his fed decisions based on the stars his posts get..

#17     Jul 30, 2009
  8. fhl

fhl

If we can only get Barney Frank and Chris Dodd to regulate wall street, we'll never have to worry about speculative bubbles again. They fixed fannie mae and freddie mac and now they're as sound as a financial institution can get.

#18     Jul 30, 2009
  9. Barney's still trying - he wants to penalize banks to keep them from foreclosing on homes.

The genius of this man is too much...

#19     Jul 30, 2009
  10. Everywhere I go,

Everywhere I look,

People askin' me,

(People askin' me),

Feelin' cold to you?

Mighty cold, indeed...

Oh, there's a wicked cold wind blowin'

Next year, she's gonna be howlin'

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IEfcwtL0AhA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IEfcwtL0AhA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#20     Jul 30, 2009