Recent IB Rating Removed?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Choad, May 27, 2005.

1. Choad

Choad

First, a disclaimer - I've been with Interactive for years and I like them. They have been a very good broker for me and one of these days I'll write a review for them. IMHO they are the best broker by far for my type of automated trading.

That said, I noticed a recent negative IB rating is now gone. I didn't agree with the rating, but I didn't see anything more than a strong opinion - it was not profane, or otherwise objectionable.

If ET is now going to censor negative ratings about sponsors then it's worth to the trading community will be severely diminished. Yes I can see outright lies and attacks being removed from Ratings and Threads, but removing negative ratings "just because" is wrong.

Regards.

C

2. Yeah I noticed that too. I'm also a very satisfied, long-time IB user. I didn't get to read the rating but if this is how things are going to be run here, it is indeed a shame.

3. Joe

Joe

This is an exact transcript of an email that was sent to me two days ago. The user requested to have the rating removed. His email address and username were verified before post was removed. Please read transcript for more information. If you have any questions, or comments just PM me.

Your wish has been granted.
    If you need anything else, just let me know.

Elite Trader Support Team
    Support@EliteTrader.com
    Elite Trader - The #1 Site for Active Traders

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 1:04 PM
    To: Elite Trader Support Team
    Subject: Re: btoker ratings

Dear Support:

I would like to delete the broker rating I just posted this week on IB, in it's entirety. I spoke with IB management and got some questions answered, as well as aired a few grievances

Thus I would prefer to not have this review displayed on ET. I will re-post at a later date.

Please confirm.. thanks!

username censored

4. Choad

Choad

Thank you Joe!

That is indeed a relief.

I'd hate for ET to lose all independence.

Good day to all.

C :cool: