Recent heat spike unlike anything in 11,000 years

Discussion in 'Politics' started by futurecurrents, Mar 8, 2013.

1. stoic

stoic

20 out of the last 25 threads started by you have been about AGW.

Is this just another opportunity to post your tired old "allegedly" indisputable charts, Chicken Little?

#11     Mar 8, 2013
  2. No, I just thought, given the obvious ignorance on the subject that many here have, I would expose them to some recent news.

Simply put, anyone who still denies AGW is an ignorant fool.

#12     Mar 8, 2013
  3. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Gee.... in the 1970s they told us that anyone who denies global cooling is an ignorant fool.

#13     Mar 8, 2013
  4. And although ignorance is apparently a thing you are proud of, the fact is that the vast majority of scientists and papers predicted GW back in the 70's. Give it up. You are making yourself look like a fool.

#14     Mar 8, 2013
  5. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

One the most aggreviating things about global warming alarmists is their insistence on re-writing history. What are you going to do next... re-write history to say that the Iron Curtain did not exist? Why don't you go ask some people from former communist countries what they think of that.

I lived in the 1970s, I know for a fact that the scientific community and media was focussed on global cooling. In the other thread you attempted to claim that a 'vast majority of scientists and papers predicted GW back in the 70's' by posting a pie chart that reflected a mere 68 papers. Several posters in these threads have posted links to many more papers and articles than this -- plus the CIA analysis from the 70s that stated the world was cooling according to a majority of scientists at the time.

#15     Mar 8, 2013
  6. We've been through this many times. Articles, media, not the same as studies and scientists.

You are an idiot. That just can't be helped. Facts, science and common sense matter not to you to because well......you are an ideologically deluded idiot

#16     Mar 8, 2013
  7. Global warming is now thought to be the leading cause of documentaries.:cool:

#17     Mar 8, 2013
  8. pspr

pspr

And yet your OP is from the Associated PRESS! What a moron. You didn't even reference the actual study which I had to dig up to rebuke you and the AP and their falicious reporting.

LOL. You continue to show us how foolish and contradictory you are FC. :D

#18     Mar 8, 2013
  9. Free Thinker went on a similar "crusade" for a few years. Just like yourself, anybody who disagreed with him was an "idiot" or an "inbred redneck".

Then he magically disappeared...maybe he ran into some "inbred rednecks" on his drive down to the RV park in Swampsville, FL.

#19     Mar 8, 2013
  10. You're an idiot. So what that that I quoted from an article written about the study? That's why they have have science writers. There was no fallacious reporting. You're an idiot.

Here's another quote from another scientist about the study

" the range of temperatures from cold to hot produced since the industrial revolution began are about the same as the 11,000 years before it, said Candace Major from the National Science Foundation, "but this change has happened a lot more quickly."

And here's more from the author of the study

"The main culprit is carbon dioxide, and its levels have jumped in the last 100 years, Marcott said. In the 11,000 years prior, it only changed "very slowly," he said.
    Marcott is concerned about people's ability to adapt to a perhaps drastically changed climate.
    "As civilization has grown, we're kind of set up for things not to change too much," he said.
    The last time Earth has been as warm as it is projected to be by 2100 was before the last Ice Age started -- over 130,000 years ago. That's too long ago to gather reliable data on, he said.
    He didn't want to speculate on what the world will look like, if global warming continues.
    "I certainly hope we can pull ourselves out of it," he said.

Anyone currently denying AGW is an ignorant deluded ideological fool or crazy.

#20     Mar 8, 2013