Recent college lost in the world of trading!

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Tuneman, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Tuneman

Tuneman

1. Yes I am interseted in poker theory, and have studied that casually. I also know how to card count

2. yes I really enjoy games, often like a zombe.

3. Much towards the constant storm

4. I got owned by this game, I definetely did not beat it in under 8 minutes. Obviously, thekey is to have it be your turn with when there is a certain amount of gems on the board, but no I haven't beaten it yet.

#61     Oct 7, 2006
  2. God I hate that gemstone game, and did it really have to be with 25 gemstones? I've seen the same thing with 6-7.

#62     Oct 8, 2006
  3. It's easy if you work backwards.

2-4 and you win, because you can force 1
    5 and you lose, because he ends with 2-4
    6-8 and you win, becaues you can force 5
    9 and you lose, because he ends with 6-8

#63     Oct 8, 2006
  4. Yeah I thought that yesterday after putting it down, just avoid all the numbers that you know will hurt you.

#64     Oct 8, 2006
  5. Hi.

After doing my usual saturday night up-all-night search-a-thon I came across this thread, it's entitled Cant break in this businss. http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58490&perpage=6&pagenumber=3

On page 3 of the thread is a post made by a guy named acrary. He lists some of the the basic educational requirements, and a url for the New York Institutue of Finance.

He also lists another url which leads to a paper called the eFinancial Careers.

You can search by city/state, but also just reading through the different positions will give you a pretty good feel for what companies are looking for.

I can't speak for the others, but when I said use the search engine, I mean't because there's a goldmine of information in them.

Regards,

Jimmy Jam

#65     Oct 8, 2006
  6. #66     Oct 8, 2006