Recent broker tests - mid sized accounts

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by 4XQs, Jan 12, 2009.

1. 4XQs

4XQs

I've just opened a HSFXi account, but it's not funded yet and I still only have access to the sim server. So, I haven't been able to see the real FXi feed with executable prices - I gather that the sim feed consists of a fudged marketplace with orders generated by marketmaking algos.

What is the real FXi like, is it on par with IB and Newedge? Just because Fimat and SocGen are member banks of FXi does not necessarily mean that they quote their best prices there, does it?

Also thanks for that list, anyone care to share experiences with any of those?

#11     Jan 13, 2009
  2. tmclimon

tmclimon Guest

Maybe you should take a look at forexdatasource. The site is quite new, but much clearer than most of the other reports I have read.

My only fear is that it seems it relies on popular opinion so it could be tainted by marketing action of brokers.

#12     Jan 13, 2009
  3. briand

briand

FX Edge from NewEdge is crap in terms of platform, but at least you can negociate many things with them depending on the type of trading you plan to do.

They can also act as your PB and give you access to FXi and other ECN platforms if you need, so not just their own prices.

#13     Jan 16, 2009
  4. 4XQs

4XQs

Yes, the platform was standard Currenex - which I totally hate. But you can just FIX into their price feeds, and probably even get some co-location.

#14     Feb 3, 2009
  5. 4XQs

4XQs

Just wanted to update and say that I've spent some time with FXi and EBS (watching, not trading on them) and thought I'd offer my opinion:

EBS is fine for EURUSD, and I guess for USDJPY but from there on it goes downhill and never matches FXi. I'm talking spreads, not size of course - if you're doing 10m upwards then this is not really applicable.

FXi, is pretty good I must say. It's as good as EBS on USDJPY, and tighter on the yen-crosses and well, pretty much anything. It's not that good for exotics - but for the biggest 10 or so pairs it's quite good. I don't have access to FXEdge pricing anymore so couldn't compare, but they did tell me that FXi would be included in FXEdge which would then make it a very good option.

Comparing this to IB, I must say that IB does come out number one for me. Although size can become a problem at a certain point - typically from 5m you got to start working things.

#15     Mar 12, 2009
  6. Friends,
    Do you know any potential broker offering DMA, ECN quality in currenex platform..
    Who can accept 25-35K amount for trading..
    Would appreciate your assistance. thanks

#16     Dec 16, 2011